cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Help required for calculations in Mathcad

ssharma-2
4-Participant

Help required for calculations in Mathcad

Hi All,

could you please help me with the calculations i want to do in mathcad as per the attached pdf?

I have to plot 3 2D graphs ( as mentioned in the pdf, where A (area) = pi * r(square), r = 31.2mm

& n = l/r (where l = 60mm)

Please help

Thanks,

Shashank

8 REPLIES 8

1. Check your equations. The first term on the right-hand side of TL seems to have different dimensions from the second term. Also Tm (2nd eqn) doesn't look like it has the same dimensions as J.d^2theta/dt^2 (3rd equation).

2. Replace dtheta/dt by omega and d^2theta/dt^2 by domega/dt.

3. Insert the first 2 equations into the third to get an equation for domega/dt.

4. Use a Given ... Odesolve block to solve the two ODEs (dtheta/dt = omega and domega/dt = ...).

5. Check the initial conditions. A quick look suggests that the denominator of the second term of TL will give a divide by zero error if the initial value of theta is zero.

Alan

ssharma-2
4-Participant
(To:AlanStevens)

Hi Alan,

First of all thank you for your revert and helping me out of the way.

If we talk about the denominator of the second term of TL, for initial condition of theta equal to Zero, its coming out to be one and not zero.

as term mu Sin 0 will become zero, Sin inverse 0 will become zero & Cos 0 is 1.

Alan, i am not that much proficient on Mathcad will it be possible for you to create a mathcad 15 sheet for the same, i'll do small amendments for the errors.

I forgot to mention the value of V1 = 245.8831431 CC

Thanks,

Shashank

Shashank Sharma wrote:

Alan, i am not that much proficient on Mathcad will it be possible for you to create a mathcad 15 sheet for the same, i'll do small amendments for the errors.

Yes, but first you need to start a Mathcad worksheet by entering all the data, and writing the correct equations.

Alan

ssharma-2
4-Participant

Hi Alan,

I have created the Mathcad Sheet, please find it attached.

Thanks,

Shashank

The attached file doesn't run yet because your equations don't yet make sense - there are inconsistencies in the units of various terms. However, the file shows how to obtain theta and omega as a function of time once you have sorted these inconsistencies.

Alan

Attached file changed (the way I removed units in the solve block was incorrect in the previous version).

ssharma-2
4-Participant

Hi Alan,

I've removed all the dimenssions to make this sheet work,

Can you please help with how to plot the desired graphs?

Thanks,

Shashank

Shashank Sharma wrote:

Hi Alan,

I've removed all the dimenssions to make this sheet work,

Can you please help with how to plot the desired graphs?

Thanks,

Shashank

See attached for the graphs. However, the equations (and hence the results) are still wrong! Just removing all the units doesn't alter that.

Alan

I do not see angle theta defined as a function of time before it is used in the first equation.

Top Tags