cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Help with Mathcad 14?

PattiSheaffer
1-Newbie

Help with Mathcad 14?

Hi all: I got Mathcad14 student installed finally, but there seems to be something wrong. I opened up the image processing E-book and about half the images in the toolbox don't display, and about half the functions don't do anything (and there are a lot of "variable not defined" errors). For instance, addnoise() is red and when I click it says, "This variable is undefined." Did I get caught in a Win7 incompatability?

9 REPLIES 9

No, you did not ran in any Windows incompatibility (and from what I have read here you are lucky beeing able to run MC14 under Win7).

There are 4 Extension Packs which are not part of the student or standard edition but rather PTC tries to make some extra money in selling them. Nonetheless the associated E-books get installed with your version - maybe as teaser, anyway misleading.

The packs in question are "Data Analysis", "Image Processing", "Signal Processsing" and "Wavelets".

The functionality of these Extension Packs is achieved through appropriate dlls which are locked in your version. Therefore the "This variable is undefined"-messages.

BTW - in july you posted about a licensing problem you had and that you have lost your wavelets-CD. So you should already know about those extra to pay for extension packs.

Rag

BTW: Yes, I did find my Wavelet pak CD and installed it - but it appears to have the same problem.

EDIT: My mistake, all the functions in the Wavelet pak seem to evaluate - it's just that half the pictures in the Wavelet pak don't display correctly.

Are you SURE?? I did actually buy the Wavelet Pack - and it suffers from the same problem!

Patti Sheaffer schrieb:

Are you SURE?? I did actually buy the Wavelet Pack - and it suffers from the same problem!

I am at least quite sure about the info, that the student and single user license does not include the extra extension packs. The enterprise license does include them. As I use an enterprise license I have no experience with installing extension packs later.

If you bought the wavelet pack and still encounter that error after installation you should contact PTC licensing support. A newer mail-contact is -.

I am a little bit confused as you wrote in july that you never installed the wavelet pack and lost your CD.

So you got in contact with PTC, luckily received a replacement CD and installed it without succes?

EDIT: Just read your last posting. According to your prior post the wavelet pack seems to work. No idea why you are having problems with the graphs in the E-book.

Rag

I mentioned that I found my Wavelet pack CD earlier in this thread, I think.

You're right - the Wavelet pak does seem to work OK, at least all the functions in

it seem to run correctly - but about half of the images do not display correctly (just

blank display boxes). Some of the blank ones will briefly appear if I recalculate the

page - then disappear again. I'm guessing this is a Win7 x64 problem. So I will likely

have to reinstall into an XP virtual machine or something? Or is there a known fix

to using MC under Win7 x64?

Patti

I mentioned that I found my Wavelet pack CD earlier in this thread, I think.

Yes, thats the reason I EDITed my post later.

blank display boxes). Some of the blank ones will briefly appear if I recalculate the

page - then disappear again. I'm guessing this is a Win7 x64 problem. So I will likely

have to reinstall into an XP virtual machine or something? Or is there a known fix

to using MC under Win7 x64?

I think I've read somewhere here about display-problems with MC14 and Win7. These should be fixed with version 15, I suspect. Most of those reported problems were about 3D-plots though. Do you experience the same problem with worksheets of your own? If its a MC14/Win7 problem it should not be restricted to the wavelet-E-book.

Rag

I think I'm just going to move Mathcad to an XP system - does anyone know how to get PTC to reset my registration status so I can move it?

Contact the Mathcad License and Install team.

-

Mike

Thanks - I'll try that.

Top Tags