cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Help with READFILE command in MathCAD 14

dsochor
5-Regular Member

Help with READFILE command in MathCAD 14

In the attached MathCAD 14 worksheet I am attempting to get the READFILE function to work properly. Both of the read-in excel spreadsheets are also attached. MathCAD does not show an error when DB is defined using the READFILE command. But for some reason it will not work when attempting to read the first line from the excel. Is there something I am doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

after changing the path for the AISC database your sheet worked OK for me - see attached. I am using Mathcad 15 M030.

You do not state how you would realize that something doesn't work. Are you sure that DB is the problem?

Check if both DB and PROP are defined by simply typing DB= and PROP=

dsochor
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks Werner. Typing PROP= displays the excel table. DB= displays a small red square.

Could this DB be an issue between MathCAD 14 and 15? I had to change to the READFILE function from the READEXCEL function because readexcel doesn't work in MathCAD 14 and I do not have 15.

As far as i know READEXCEL works with Excel 2007 (xlsx) files, while for xls (Excel 2003) you should use READFILE. There should be that much differences between M14 and M15, I guess. At least was MC15F000 planned originally as MC14M040.

I just flipped through the MC15 readme to look at the bugfixes done, but I couldn't find anything related to READFILE.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

As with Werner both files worked for me also.

Clipboard02.jpg

You might find the attached thread helpful.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/179777#179777

Top Tags