cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Help with Using Substitute Function.

ppal
17-Peridot

Help with Using Substitute Function.

Hi

I am having problems properly using the substitute function.

Could someone show me where I am going wrong?

simul.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ppal)

I experience no problems. Neither with MC15, nor with P30

noprob.pngMaybe something you did in the sheet and deleted later (have you tried to create those expression in a fresh sheet?) or you have found a newly introduced bug.

I guess its another annoying effect of Primes auto-labeling! Its not wrong to call that "feature" a bug - at least its a buggy feature.

Both "x" in the last expression must be labeled the same - either both "variable" or both "-" (automatic).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I experience no problems. Neither with MC15, nor with P30

noprob.pngMaybe something you did in the sheet and deleted later (have you tried to create those expression in a fresh sheet?) or you have found a newly introduced bug.

I guess its another annoying effect of Primes auto-labeling! Its not wrong to call that "feature" a bug - at least its a buggy feature.

Both "x" in the last expression must be labeled the same - either both "variable" or both "-" (automatic).

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:Werner_E)

Worked when I cut and pasted your equation into my sheet and works when I started on a fresh sheet.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Check the labels of the "x" in your original sheet! (I can't as you use a newer version of prime thna mine and so I can't open your sheet).

Top Tags