cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Help with changing measurements when sketching

japrilliano
1-Newbie

Help with changing measurements when sketching

Hi,

When sketching, I have trouble defining where a line measures from. Attached is a picture of what I mean (I'm having trouble explaining it). Right now the line is at a 160 degree angle but the length of the line is defined by the distance to the x-axis. Is it possible to change it so the line is defined by the angle and just length of the line? It's possible to just do the math and figure out the distance I need but that can take a long time.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

You should always apply your own dimensions and constraints (dimensions are created using the icon labelled "Normal" in the Dimension ribbon group).

Creo assumes constraints and dimensions while you sketch, but they're generally nonsense.

It sounds like you haven't had any training... as a starting point, do a search for 'strong' and 'weak' dimensions.

Yes. While in dimensioning select the line segment and then pic again a little off the line to place the dimension and it should give you the dimension for the length of the line segment. You might have to try a few times to get what you want. Depending on where you attempt to place the dimension the software will attempt to add the desired dimension like length of line or a dimension in the X or Y direction.

bmohapatra
5-Regular Member
(To:japrilliano)

Go for precision lms. It has video trainings sequentially.

Precision LMS : Login

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:japrilliano)

When you edit the sketch, select the line you want to dimension its length, right click and go the menu in the image below.

And you'll get this :

Top Tags