cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Help with creating a surface plot

Jbryant61
4-Participant

Help with creating a surface plot

I have tried to create a surface plot where I fractional increments but have not managed to do this and can't find my error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mathcad has this great function called "CreateMesh"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mathcad has this great function called "CreateMesh"

Thankyou

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Jbryant61)

In a range variable a,b..c, b is the second value, not the increment. So 1,0.1..10 is not a valid sequence. You need 1,1.1..10.

Or, as Fred suggests, use CreateMesh.

Jbryant61
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

Thanks....Thats what happens when you stop using Mathcad for a while and use Matlab!

Some additional remarks:

- You don't need to define a new function Z to use CreateMesh as Fred had done. You can use your function Is instead of Z directly in CreateMesh.

- In your approach (using the modification Richard suggested - 1.1 instead of 0.1) you may notice, that the abscissa and ordinate values are not correct. They are replaced by 0,1,2 ....

- Not recommended but possible: You may do without any program or CreateMesh and simply put "Is" in the placeholder of the 3D-plot component. You will get a division by zero error, because by default Mathcad varies both independent variables from -5 to +5 an eventually will also choose sigma=0, which throws the error. Double click the plot region and in tab "Quickplot Data" you can select suitable ranges for your variables.

Anyway, I already said that this is not recommended, as CreateMesh is easier and more comfortable to use.

R

Jbryant61
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thankyou

Top Tags