cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Help with licensing

cdenson-2
1-Newbie

Help with licensing

Error message = The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.  I have MathCAD 14 that I am trying to load on a new computer and although it loads, it can't find a license and I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD WITH PTC OVER 58 MINUTES. I am very worried about being able to access my worksheets if I delete MathCAD from the old computer before it get it working on this new one. Any experiences? I can't even get eSupport because apparently that is only for paying maintenance contract holders. I could understand if it were an execution thing, but I can't even get the damn thing to open! Yes, I am frustrated beyond belief and can't get a soul on the phone, Thanks, PTC!

9 REPLIES 9
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:cdenson-2)

The license file is locked to the PC, so you need a new one. Log into your PTC account, go to "support", and "manage licenses". Getting a new one has no effect on the installation on your old PC, despite what the web site implies (as long as your old PC has a license file, which you should have a backup of, Mathcad will run on it).

Tried that and got the response below, not sure if it is the new computer or the site.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp on this server.

Additionally, a 302 Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_17 Perl/v5.8.8 mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8h PHP/5.2.5 Server at support.ptc.com Port 443
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

If you are not logged in to your PTC account and click on the link Vladimir gave, that's what you will see.

It appears that I am logged in, and am still being denied.  Am I missing something?

Capture.PNG

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

When you expand "PTC Mathcad" (as you have done) one of the options should be "Reconfigure software licenses". What happens when you click on that?

I get the following

Capture1.PNG

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I think you don't have your copy of Mathcad associated with your PTC account, because MC14 predates PTC. Go to the Mathcad case logger option, and click on "Next" at the bottom of the screen (since you already have an account), then select the "Single User, ..." option, and click on next. Then you can open a licensing case with PTC.

Chuck,

You need to upgrade your account at PTC's site. Accounts-PTC.com

Fill the field for "Customer Number" and "Service Contract Number (SCN)" (or "Sales Order Number [SON]"). So, when you bought Mathcad you should receive on e-mail a PDF file "Shipment info" (Software Order Fulfillment Confirmation) or you can find this information in your Mathcad license file. It contains information about the "Customer #" and "Service Contract #"/"Contract" (SCN).

You need to transfer a license file by using "Reconfigure Software Licenses" option on PTC site, here:http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp.

Also, when creating a request for a new license, you must specify the new MAC-address (from a new PC).

Top Tags