cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Help with setting up an Equation

PeterKennedy
1-Newbie

Help with setting up an Equation

Hello,

I am fairly new with mathcad and I just have a quick question about setting up an equation.

I want to have the equation show the required variables and then show the actual values of the variables.

See Attached photo.

Now I write out the variables then disable the equation and then re-write again with the numbers in. Is there a way to do this with out having to re type. Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wayne
3-Visitor
(To:IRstuff)

Eden actually ment "explicit" which is on the Symbolic tool bar (Mike shows an eariler verison of Mathcad that does not have the explicit tool)

But look in help. I think you need version 14 or 15.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:PeterKennedy)

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

I don't currently have Mathcad available so you'll have to bear with me.

Why would you want to show the variables and then the values? The values of the variables will be shown above where you defined them.

This might be an alternative way - Once you type the first equation add the symbolic evaluation operator from the symbolic toolbar after the equation, which is basically a right arrow. See image below (Indicated by red box)

Clipboard02.jpg

Mike

The reason I need to show the variables is becuase I am using mathcad to do my homework and my professor requires the values to be shown in the equations. That symbolic arrow doesn't show the values it just shows the solved solution. I was just hoping there was a way of getting the values to show up. But thats fine. Thank you very much for taking the time and trying to answer my question.

You insert the keyword "explicit" in the symbolic evaluation. It will then substitute the actual values in place of the variables. HOWEVER, it is extremely limited in capability and not all equations can be evaluated in this manner.

TTFN

Message was edited by: Eden Mei Fixed error in keyword

wayne
3-Visitor
(To:IRstuff)

Eden actually ment "explicit" which is on the Symbolic tool bar (Mike shows an eariler verison of Mathcad that does not have the explicit tool)

But look in help. I think you need version 14 or 15.

IRstuff
3-Visitor
(To:wayne)

Thanks for the catch

TTFN

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:PeterKennedy)

Oops.

I did say you would have to bear with me.

No Mathcad and working from memory isn't the best option for me.

Mike

Top Tags