cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Help with symbolic evaluation.

Sergey
14-Alexandrite

Help with symbolic evaluation.

Hello.

I solved symbolically two equations by means of vector form (file attached, Chapter 3).

I took the expression of y1(x) and added to the expression of y2(x) and then equated everything to zero.

Is there any compact form of solving these equations in Mathcad? Solve block doesn't seems to work.

My solution looks messy.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Sergey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sergey
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

I learned something new today.

Thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Sergey)

I am not really sure what you are really looking for, but in Prime (on contrary to real Mathcad) you can't evaluate a solve block symbolically.

Sergey
14-Alexandrite

Sorry for being unclear.

I took the expressions of the functions and solved them symbolically.

I want to take instead a definition of the function and use it in my symbolic solution instead (y1(x) and y2(x)).

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Sergey)

Here is an approach with an ugly looking solution

Werner_E_0-1642192728677.png

The ugly look stems from the fact, that E and I are defined as floating point numbers and so the symbolic switches to float mode.

You may clear E and I only for symbolic calculation and the result looks nices. After all E  and I cancel and are not present in the result anyway:

Werner_E_1-1642192831010.png

You may also clear the other variables and make the result dependent on w and L additionally to x:

Werner_E_2-1642192891145.png

I also made y2 dependent on R.b to avoid the red error message which comes from the numeric processor but does not affect the symbolic evaluation.

Sergey
14-Alexandrite

I learned something new today.

Thanks a lot.

Top Tags