cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Hi everyone simple problem is here!

ptc-4993095
1-Newbie

Hi everyone simple problem is here!

Hi everyone ı'm newone here

I couldn't find any solution please help me . Thanks

the elements in this vector must be in ascending order

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If we assume for D = 300000 (You make a mistake units maybe?) And this data will be within the acceptable terms and conditions. But there are data that do not fit into the established conditions and adopt it for the number zero. You can take something else and therefore there is an error.

PS.
Post your worksheet you must (in the edit dialog, click on "Use advanced editor" at the top right") is free.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

The elements in this vector must be in increasing order.

The values in this vector must be in ascending order.

The first argument of lspline, pspline, cspline, linterp, and hist, as well as the second argument of interp, must be a vector whose elements are strictly increasing.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4993095)

Please post the worksheet (in the edit dialog, click on "Use advanced editor" at the top right").

thanks for everything. I wondering how ı clean that red "i"

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-4993095)

What's the error message?

Posting the worksheet is almost always more useful than just an image.

Richard Jackson wrote:

What's the error message?

Posting the worksheet is almost always more useful than just an image.

This is error message.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jkowalski)

That's the error, but it's not the error message. There is always an error message. Sometimes it's not very useful, but it always exists.

I suspect that some of the values of Re do not satisfy either condition, but without the worksheet there's no way to be sure.

Please post the worksheet with file (Mathcad worksheet file), so it will be easier to help you

idris taskiran wrote:

Jan Kowalski schrieb:

idris taskiran wrote:

Ooops, should have read the whole thread. Was not aware someone was willing to retype the sheet.

No I see that the preceeding remarks were right. Looking at Jans sheet you can see that the values for Re are in the range from 0.0019 to 0.0088. So the conditional expression (or better; the assignment) throws the error. I'm wondering, as the error message is pretty self explanatory (which is not standard for Mathcad ;-).

@ Idris: Another thing I had noticed: Are you aware that you vector t has 21 elelments running from 60 to 100 while all your other vectors have only 20 elelemnts (according to the range variable i 0..19). t[20=100 is never evaluated.

You might consider defining t in a different way: t[i:=60+2*i and decide if you want to leave "i" as it is or let it go from 0 to 20.

PLEASE POST A WORKSHEET!!!!!!!!

Your conditional statement at the end does not account for all possible case. This is of no harm if you can be sure that all values of Re are within the range from 100000 to 300000 and none is exactly 200000.

I may be wrong but the way the values for Re are calculated I would assume values much smaller than 100000. If only a single value does not return a result you will get an error es the appropriate NuX value cannot be defined.

But as Richard already wrote, we don't know what the errormessage is.

you right they are 21 elements anyway still go on problem here worksheet

http://speedy.sh/NByf3/ss.xmcd

If we assume for D = 300000 (You make a mistake units maybe?) And this data will be within the acceptable terms and conditions. But there are data that do not fit into the established conditions and adopt it for the number zero. You can take something else and therefore there is an error.

PS.
Post your worksheet you must (in the edit dialog, click on "Use advanced editor" at the top right") is free.

1) you don't need to use an external file hoster, you can do it as you have done it with your png's. Switch to extended editor (upper right corner) and you are enabled to attach files at the end of your post

2) I think I have already solved (or better: foud the cause for the error) that problem (http://communities.ptc.com/message/198759#198759) of yours and as Jan was so kind to retype your worksheet from your pics I could verify that my assumption was right (http://communities.ptc.com/message/198760#198760).

Your program for calculating Nu only deals with index numbers, where Re[i is in the range from 180000 to 300000. For an i, where Re[i is not in that range, no value is given back - this NU[i will get no defined value and that throws the error. The error message being pretty much self explanatory.

If you change the 180000 to 0, as Jan did, Nu2 will be never used. Thats probably not what you want.

As all values of Re are in the range from 0.002 to 0.009, there oviously is something wrong. You may want to check your formulas to see you have transferred then correct or maybe its a scaling problem. If you multiply your Re with 10^8 your condidition would make sense, but a lot of values would be greater than 300000 and you still woul get the error.

In any case you should be prepared for all eventuality and write your condition in a way so that all numbers will get a value. First you should exchange one of the < for 200000 for a <= so we will get a value for 200000 and then you should use the "otherwise" clause. In the example below ALL you values Nu will be 12345 as the condition is not fulfilled for a single i and we land at the otherwise oll the time.

ss2.png

I was the first to respond

Jan Kowalski schrieb:

I was the first to respond

Congratulations! 🙂

İt is over guys ı found the problem as you can see the range are so high thanks Jan and Werner

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

idris taskiran schrieb:

İt is over guys ı found the problem as you can see the range are so high thanks Jan and Werner

Nevertheless you should include the <= and the otherwise - just for safety reasons.

this is my homework there are two project first is over second is continuning maybe tomorow ı need help

have nice night

Ok, you know there is a homework section here? http://communities.ptc.com/community/mathcad/math_homework_help

Top Tags