cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Hidden documents

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Hidden documents

Alvaro has uploaded a document:

https://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1132

It doesn't show on the Mathcad home page under "documents" though, and doesn't appear to be associated with any sub-community. The only way to even know it exists is to go through Alvaro's profile. So far, I haven't even figured out how to upload a document so that it is hidden like this. When a new document is uploaded there should be some way for everyone else to know about it!

Nobody will use these communites if we have to check every one of them to see if there are new posts and evey user profile to see who has uploaded something new!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Richard,

When creating a document, Alvaro must have selected "Your Documents" as the location to create it. If he wanted it to appear in the Mathcad Community, a category under Mathcad or a Group he belongs to, he'll need to select those locations.

However, if he is already in Mathcad Usage for example, when he selects to create a document, he will not have to specify a location. The default is your current location.

Hope that helps.

-Dan

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DanMarotta)

OK. Thanks. I hadn't realized you could upload a document that way. I'll have to think a bit about what the benefit might be compared to uploading it in a way that others will be aware of it

I just upload a file as a test, but not understand the logic that follow the "Search" textbox, and then discard all options down. I now see that can choose between "My documents" or Mathcad, Mathcad forums, or another places.

Regards. Alvaro.

Top Tags