cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighting color palette (more colors?)

SOLVED

Re: Highlighting color palette (more colors?)

Prime is not a mess.

It is a much better piece of software to use than 15. Long term user who doesn’t have any legacy cavalry tied to 15. Use smath and see how bad the alternative is.

@tslewis wrote:
Prime is not a mess.

I tend to disagree, especially when you compare it to MC15.

It is a much better piece of software to use than 15.

I definitely disagree heavily! The few improvements in Prime do in no way outweigh the drawbacks and missing features. Prime is a big disgrace for PTC and either a sign of incompetence or unwillingness.

But its nice to see that we have at least one fan of Prime here in the forum and if you like it, then by all means pay for it and use it!

But of course you should not confuse MC15 with SMath.

Highlighted

@tslewis wrote:
Prime is not a mess.

It is a much better piece of software to use than 15. Long term user who doesn’t have any legacy cavalry tied to 15. Use smath and see how bad the alternative is.

I'm sorry!  I've tried not to respond to this--closed the thread three times--but it's too much.

It is a much better piece of software to use than 15. Long term user who doesn’t have any legacy cavalry tied to 15.

The second sentence above tells the tale:  You've never really used Mathcad's earlier versions, "doesn't have any legacy . . ."  Long term user . . ."  Your profile shows that you "registered" in 2011. 

Werner registered in 2009, Luc in 2007, I show registered 2006; but there was a forum, the Collaboratory (pause for a moment of reverent silence), before PTC bought Mathcad.  It's clear from their postings of Mathcad 15 in this forum that both Luc and Werner (and many others) were users and posters long before PTC bought Mathcad.  

If my conclusion is incorrect I apologize, but I don't think you've used Mathcad 15.  If all you've used is Prime, and you think 15 and Smath are either the same or similar then I can understand your confusion.  Mathcad 15 (if you're an active Prime owner then you have a full license for 15) has a different editor than Prime, so there is a fairly steep learning curve.  But as Werner said, Prime is still (five versions in) far short of the capabilities of the last original Mathcad.