cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighting color palette (more colors?)

SOLVED

Highlighting color palette (more colors?)

Hi.

The choice of colors seems very limited. Is there a way to get a bigger palette, to have more colors?

Regards

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Highlighting color palette (more colors?)

I assume you're referring to Prime. Solution: Use Mathcad (15).

Success!

Luc

22 REPLIES 22

I assume you're referring to Prime. Solution: Use Mathcad (15).

Success!

Luc

As Luc hinted at above. Prime does not have 'define custom colours' option.

Mike

A drawback then..

Ok, thanks.

Just one of many

What kind of software in todays world limits the amount and kind of colors that a user can use? Even MS paint is more robust then in that regard. Seriously considering going back to Mathcad 15. Sucks bcos lots of time and resources have been invested to have our worksheets changed to Prime but Prime is truly a big Mess. I will keep whining here until one day PTC does something. Even if its in 100 years from now Smiley Sad.

"What kind of software in todays world limits the amount and kind of colors that a user can use?"

Essentially ALL software does that, simply because software uses digital processors with words with a limited bit-length.

Luc

How do you mean Luc? Smiley Very Happy

That ALL softwares limit the colors in the color pad that can be used by a user? Or should I use the term commercial software package instead? Most software packages offer a color pad from which one can choose a variety of colors. Or they atleast provide the option to fill in the Red, Green, Blue values to obtain a user defined color model. It should be that simple. Even in the useless chart tool that I so much hate now in Prime 5.0, though there are not so many color options, there is atleast the option to create a user-defined color. I just need a good calculation and documentation tool. Mathcad 15 provided that. We were forced to move to Prime, which initially I thought had done some improvements with the documentaion aspect since it looked more like modern documentation tools....But the more I use prime, the more I realise how lacking it is in functionality.

ALL software limits the amount of colours that the user can choose from.

Even if a software package offers 1024 levels of red, 1024 levels of green and 1024 levels of green, this means that the 1025th level of each of those colours cannot be selected...

And sometimes a limitation to e.g. 16 fixed colours can be a defendable limit: what is the use of 16 traces in a plot where you could set each trace to a separate shade of light emerald green?

All this of course stands far apart from PTC's track record on development of Prime. Yes, in many respects you had better stick with Mathcad 15.

I've said more often: every improvement is a change, the reverse statement unfortunately is not always true.

Success!

Luc

What's weird is that Prime certainly can show more colors, it just doesn't let you pick them.  As an example, Here's a file that has two text colors displayed that I can't reproduce with our limited choices.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Choosing-a-Cam-Type-Clutch-to-Drive-a-Centrifugal-Pump/td-p...

So how did they do that...?