cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Horrendous Customer Support

bbond
12-Amethyst

Horrendous Customer Support

I have two subscriptions to Mathcad Prime.  I got a notice last month that my auto renewal had gone through and there was a blurb about logging on and downloading a new file.  I tried that and saw nothing so I responded to the email and was told that I would receive a link the before my previous subscription expired.  Needless to say, I did not receive anything and now my software is locked in the free Express version.  What's even more ridiculous is that I have not been able to get a response from any of the contacts I have.  All of the phone numbers have a generic message that says the person is unavailable.  I left my number in queue for a call back after waiting on automated hold for a long while.  No response a week later.  I have emailed as well with no response.  It's like they went radio silent on me after they got the renewal fee.

Has anyone else dealt with the atrocious customer care?  

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:bbond)

Using "PTC" and "customer care" in the same sentence sure requires additionally the use of a negation.

PTC support (yes, they really call it that) is just one of the coffin nails which has already convinced a lot of people to do their job without PTC software. specifically without Mathcad/Prime, in the future.

Other reasons are the snail speed development of Prime, the fact, that even after 10 years Prime wrt features and usability is still far behind old Mathcad 15 and of course the change in licensing scheme.

Time to say Goodbye 😞

bbond
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

Unfortunately I think I've reached that point.  I have an engineer transferring as many sheets as possible over to Smath and will try to work out any problems that may pop up in the new program.  Most of our sheets are relatively simple and could have been done in a spreadsheet program so I wasn't too torn up over the lack of advanced capabilities in Prime.  I just preferred the Mathcad output for documentation.  But at this point it's more frustrating than useful.

bbond
12-Amethyst

Well, I received an automated email that Prime 5.0 was ready to download.  I did so and installed it. On a whim I pointed it to the license file that was supposed to be for 4.0 and it worked.  Looking closer, it looks like they sent the 5.0 license before the program was out.  I assume that's why my Prime 4.0 would not work with that license.

Still, horrible support.  Have yet to hear from anyone.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

I installed Prime 5 received the license file.  Mathcad 15 and Prime 4 work with that license file.  Thank goodness Mathcad15 works with that license file.

The support is very poor.  I have request and have been able to solve the issue on my own.  The support provided did not resolve the problem.

Top Tags