cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How Mathcad calculates through an vector assignement?

Efried
1-Newbie

How Mathcad calculates through an vector assignement?

Hello,

I have a one dimensional problem in time and wanted to avoid proramming. So I tried to use a vector y(i+1,j) which is asigned the vector x(i,j) on the right side. only i is depending on time, j is the geometrical subdivision.

How Mathcad goes through this construct, calculating it for all i, then afterwards again for the next j or first calculating for all j?

The Mathcad 14 worksheet which is shwon as excerpt in the pdf calculates but the results are not correct.

thanks

Gerfried

8 REPLIES 8
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Efried)

Hello!

Could you attach a Mathcad file (not a PDF)?

no, I'm sorry this is just a theoretical question and certainly may be answered by Mathcad staff.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

You can do step by step solutions using vector subscripts if you set it up properly. (Note that you need the starting point, and you need to define the index variable properly.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I cannot see how you can get your answer unless you provide an example or at least the desired results.

Mike

Mike, I had attached the pdf showing the mathcad code!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Pdf's are no good sorry. I don't have the time to re-write the math's out. Please post the worksheet.

Mike

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

The problem is that the PDF file (on one page) shows only part of the code.

wayne
3-Visitor

Well, I don't know what the algorithm is, but If I reverse the order, I get different results, neither of which is correct. I think you many need at least a short program to be sure of the order.

One way is closer than the other, but the closer one is the one I would have expected to be the worst.

Top Tags