cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How can I change floating point in MathCad Prime 3.1?

ghhh
1-Newbie

I am tring to short this 41.666666666666666667 (^ x 3)) (* 1058.3333333333333333 (^ x 2))) (* 8956.25 x)) 25251.75)  but I can't!!!
and how can I change the equations shape from fractions shape to linear shape like this for example {(10*x-81)*(5*x-43)*(10*x-87)}/12 ??

Message was edited by: ggg hhh

3 REPLIES 3
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ghhh)

I have no clue what you are trying to achieve and what you try to ask.

Maybe you have to be more specific, supply a screenshot and worksheet and describe in more detail what you would like to see.

Derbigdog
14-Alexandrite

For the first part go to the tab Math Formatting you can change the number of decimals displayed without changing the value of the calculation.

For the second part of your question go to Operators (on the Math Tab) there are two division signs the one that is not a "/"  the other which is a bar with a dot under and over it will give you an inline division.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I assume that's the output of the symbolic processor. If so, then unfortunately in Prime there's not much you can do. The simplify keyword may help a little. Do not be tempted to use the float keyword to control the number of decimal places, because if affects the precision of the calculations, not just the displayed result.

Top Tags