cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How can I convert MathCAD Prime files (.mcdx) into MathCAD 15 files (.xmcd)?

thenkel
1-Newbie

How can I convert MathCAD Prime files (.mcdx) into MathCAD 15 files (.xmcd)?

I downloaded a zip file from the PTC community from the following URL.

·Finding the Shear Force and Bending Moment Along a... - PTC Community

After downloading and unzipping the file, I have a file extension of .mcdx (relations_between_distributed_load_shear_force_and_bending_moment.mcdx).  I tried to open this file in MathCAD however; the file fails to open.  How can I get this file to open?  I am using PTC MathCAD 15.  Should the extension be .xmcd?

Apperently the .mcdx files are for MathCAD Prime.  How can I convert MathCAD Prime files (.mcdx) into MathCAD 15 files (.xmcd).  I have tried simply changing the file extention but that did not work.

Regards,

Thomas Henkel

9 REPLIES 9

PTC has decided that there should be no way back (Prime itself is backstep enough).

So you can't convert Prime sheets (mcdx) in real Mathcad format (xmcd or xmcdz).

You even cannot convert Prime 3.1 sheets to Prime 3.0 format (and of course Prime 3.0 cannot read 3.1 sheets).

... or can wait for a maple or mathematica package ...

But what do you mean?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:thenkel)

But what you can do is open the file with Prime 3.1 express, which you can install for free.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

Mind though, there may be errors in that sheet.

I don't trust the expression for MBC(x) that appears on page 6...

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

I have to correct. The expression for MBC(x) is OK.

Luc

And retype all into mcad15 for use it or modify something? Document is 8 page length, taked frome Roark's formulas, which have ... a lot of more pages.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:thenkel)

Please find in attachment this worksheet in PDF and XPS file formats.

Top Tags