Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I express matrix?

SOLVED
Highlighted

How can I express matrix?

%EC%BA%A1%EC%B2%983.PNG

I want to express several column, not one column.

I searched for my book about mathcad and help in PTC mathcad. But I don't know. Could you help me?

I want to express to see easily because the row is 80

For example

current my picture-

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

my wanttng

[1 2 3 4 5 ]

[a b c d e ]

[ .... ]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I express matrix?

I am not sure. But I guess it is not my wanting.

I attached exfiles.

Thank you very much for your effort for me

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Please upload your worksheet. From the picture it seems you have a single column matrix.

I am going to use 'range variable' to do my work because I saw book about mathcad that it suggest user to use 'range variable' for iteration

and I am accustome to use 'range variable compared to 'vector'.

I haven't got Prime and I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve, but if the intent is to show the last element of the vector, then can you simply drag the slider bar down the display until you reach the last element?

If you simply want a more compact display, and don't mind that it's shown as a matrix, then reshaping the vector into a matrix might help.

Stuart

collab+-+14+10+21+reshape+01.JPG

jinsuk Lee wrote:

I am going to use 'range variable' to do my work because I saw book about mathcad that it suggest user to use 'range variable' for iteration

Firstly it is your prerogative to use range variables if you so wish, but I would highly recommend using vectors.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it.

You have defined three range variables, one having more elements than the other two and passed them as arguments to omega. I cannot see what you are trying to do. I suggest you try and explain a little better. Are the calculated results what you expected?

StuartBruff wrote:

I haven't got Prime and I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve, but if the intent is to show the last element of the vector, then can you simply drag the slider bar down the display until you reach the last element?

If you simply want a more compact display, and don't mind that it's shown as a matrix, then reshaping the vector into a matrix might help.

Stuart

collab+-+14+10+21+reshape+01.JPG

Good idea Stuart, but reshape requires a vector.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

StuartBruff wrote:

Stuart

Good idea Stuart, but reshape requires a vector.

It's a shame that Mathcad Prime doesn't support a Mathcad 15 feature, namely the ability to enter a "range definition" (that is expressions of the form "a,b..c"). In M15, using my vec or seq functions, I can write, for example, x:= vec(0,0.1..1) and get back the vector [0 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9 1], or even r:=0,0.1..1 , x:=vec(r) ... I think this last form might work, but I'm not sure.

Stuart

collab - 14 10 21 reshape 02.JPG

Mike Armstrong wrote:

jinsuk Lee wrote:

Firstly it is your prerogative to use range variables if you so wish, but I would highly recommend using vectors.

You have defined three range variables, one having more elements than the other two and passed them as arguments to omega. I cannot see what you are trying to do. I suggest you try and explain a little better. Are the calculated results what you expected?

I guess he wants tables like the one below (maybe without the row and colum headers) - one for every value of mu and without any use of vectors.

2.png

Werner Exinger wrote:

Mike Armstrong wrote:

jinsuk Lee wrote:

I guess he wants tables like the one below (maybe without the row and colum headers) - one for every value of mu and without any use of vectors.

2.png

Your crystal ball working again

Great assumption, but yet again we are guessing. Jinsuk Lee has not even responded to this thread, which he should have before creating a new one. http://communities.ptc.com/message/260284#260284

Your crystal ball working again

Great assumption, but yet again we are guessing. Jinsuk Lee has not even responded to this thread, which he should have before creating a new one. http://communities.ptc.com/message/260284#260284

He hadn't resonded to other threads, too. He is jumping from one question to the other in quick succession, doesn't let us know if what we guess is what he needs and he consequently ignores our advice. Of course it could also be that Google Translate's Korean is so confusing he often can't follow our remarks.

Maybe its frustrating for both sides - a loose-loose situation, so to say.

Announcements