cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How can I find the current date code currently installed?

RobertStowe
1-Newbie

How can I find the current date code currently installed?

I have seen that there is an M005 update to MathCad, but cannot tell if it is installed. How? Also, the fields in the About box where the license usually shows are blank. Is it supposed to be this way? I have fully paid for MC15 with support.

16 REPLIES 16
FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:RobertStowe)

Robert, got to help => about MC => the first line in bold should state: "Mathcad 15.0 (M005 [MC15_M005_20101105])"

Hello!

If you have a license Mathcad, the window "About Mathcad" version for M005 would look like (there are no empty fields):

About_Mathcad.jpg

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

I have a license and I have empty fields.

Mike

Mike,

Do You have a floating or locked license for Mathcad?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

I have a locked license.

Mike

Well, I have to Mathcad 15 and Prime 1.0 a floating license.

You can indirectly check your version by looking at the mathcad.exe properties.

See the attached screnshot from the M005.

Pay attention to the File/Product version. For M005 it should be 14.1.0.457

mathcad.exe size is 1 404 928 for English version.

Also, the "Comment" field in the Mathcad's shortcut properties says if you have M005 (I wouldn't trust this too much,though)

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:DmitryTsarev)

Have a look at the attached worksheet. Uses a scripted component to find the product version.

Mike

It doesn't show neither version nor datecode installed for me - shows just the same 14.1.0.457 as in file properies.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:DmitryTsarev)

Posted by Mona.

In XML, schema is a way of describing a document in terms of syntactical constraints and descriptions. Files are validated to make sure they conform to a particular schema.

Mathcad, since I believe version 12, has been XML-based. When we add new features, sometimes we have to make schema changes.

Mathcad 15 has the schema titled 14.1. It's basically naming conventions.

Basically, one could use the component I posted to check if they have the latest schema.

It doesn't show neither version nor datecode installed for me

I wasn't aware he wanted to check the datecode.

Mike

Thank you all for your help. It appears that I am still using datecode F000 as evidenced by a version number of 14.1.0.436 when looking at the mathcad.exe properties:

MathCad_exe properties window for Robert Stowe.JPG

Regarding the blank license fields, here is my screen shot of the about window:

MathCad About Window For Robert Stowe.JPG

I have fully paid for a license for MathCad, with maintainence. Is there a problem with the existing installation? Will updating to M005 fix it? Or do I need to do a complete uninstall and reinstall to M005? If so what is the best procedure?

As a general comment for PTC: It seems that since PTC bought MathCad, doing obvious things concerning software maintainance has gotten incredibly cumbersome and non-intuitive. The "PTC factor" has been a relative pain, and eats up a lot time trying to look into basic things. The finding out whether one has the latest version should take seconds rather than the better part of an hour!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I have fully paid for a license for MathCad, with maintainence. Is there a problem with the existing installation?

No. Ignore what the .exe properties say. I have M005 installed and the .exe proerties say 14.1.0.457. I am certain my installatin is OK.

You don't have M005 installed. If you did the "About Mathcad" screen would say M005, like Valdimir's

Richard,

Thanks for your response. I understand now that I don't have M005 installed. However, I was specifically referring now to the blank license fields. Why are they blank? Should I be concerned about it? Will the license fields be populated correctly once M005 is installed?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Don't worry about it. Mine are blank too. A bug? A security feature? Who knows. As long as Mathcad runs, who cares

Robert,

If you are fully paid for a license for Mathcad with maintainence support. Then you can download (and later on install) the latest version of Mathcad 15 M005 on the download page of products PTC, here:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/index.jsp

Re: "the PTC factor".... AMEN! I have been a licenced MathCAD user for over 10 years (I'm pretty sure my first version was 2000)... Unless updating, licensing, etc. become more streamlined, this will be my last version. I understand the need to protect the software from piracy, but there is no other program I use that is so cumbersome to maintain.

-SuperStress

Top Tags