cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How can I find the intersection points on the graph ?????

ptc-4279515
1-Newbie

How can I find the intersection points on the graph ?????

I'm from ukraine, and sorry for my english. I need help in this graph.

i have 5 functions in graph.

i need to find the intersection points on the graph.

Безымянный2.jpgFrom 1st graph i need to do second graph.

So maybe someone can help me.

Безымянный3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Viktor Gantsevskiy wrote:

From 1st graph i need to do second graph.

you can set up a solve block to find the values where the plots cross. Attached is an example for one pair of graphs

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

From 1st graph i need to do second graph.

you can set up a solve block to find the values where the plots cross. Attached is an example for one pair of graphs

Tell me please How do I interpolate and make a new spline function

Please tell me where is my error. What I'm doing wrong. I dont understand.

Ou! I understand (i think).

I thin it is correct

h_nas
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4279515)

Hi,

With MP1, I am unable to get the intersection point as an output, however, there is a line function you can use to get the point of intersection.

you will need one for x-axis, and another one for y-axis.

Hope this is helpful.

Tell me please How do I interpolate and make a new spline function

Your sheet is behaving strangely. In the definition for zk series, change the end (x[m) to x[5.

For some reason (on your sheet on my computer m = 2.

Add one more series to your plot: on the abcissa add z, on the ordinate add Y(z).

Works for me!

Maybe something like this.

but this is not the kind of graphics that I've sought.

I want to look like the graph I have indicated above the figure.

is it possible to do?

You can fit a curve to the intersection points, the attached file fits a second order polynomial through the first three intersection points (look up "regress."

Please note that I took a long time to figure out the different styles for the same variable name. THIS WAS VERY CONFUSING AND FRUSTRATING.

From all that you wroteI understand a little bit.

I do not know much English and I use a translator.

But I want to know. Is it possible to construct a second graph that I showed in the first message.

I need to connect and use the spline curves and split it into several parts. Then calculate the area using the integral (with scale).

I think this is what you want.

Fred,

You are a saint.

To throw my two pence worth in - I was going to try and offer a solution, but I immediately get put off when I see a worksheet laid out like the attached. It's all over the place and very hard to follow.

Mike

Thank you very much for your help.

And here's is my result.

My question is: how to extend the spline curve 4 to 5 in your chart.

I've looked at your sheet.

I've tried to decipher what you're doing.

You have many different styles, with the same variable names, so I cannot easily track what your logic flow is

Your worksheet is up to 5 pages wide, there are several places where many empty pages are between work. This makes following you sheet difficuult.

You have several places where you define the same function differently (particularly J_5) and it's not clear to me which one you're using or if it's a redefinition.

The function J_5 that you're plotting appears (to me) to be returning an array of nine values for each value you pass it; I don't know why (or how) it's plotting.

If you clean up this sheet so that I can understand it;

• rename variables rather than change styles so that there is no redundancy of names,
  • eliminate extra space in the sheet so I don't have to hunt for the next piece

Then I will be happy to try to help.

This is too much aggravation. Sorry.

• rename variables rather than change styles so that there is no redundancy of names DONE
  • eliminate extra space in the sheet so I don't have to hunt for the next piece DONE

Now maybe can try to do something with this graph? Its realy important for me!I shall be grateful if you help me!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4279515)

Viktor,

I have to agree with Fred. The worksheet is horribly laid out and hard to follow. I cannot imagine that worksheet ever being turned into a working document.

Mike

Why is the last point of J_5(n.i[8) not correct? The math can be checked.

Because after the point J_5(n.i[7) of calculation and construction are not needed.

See if the changes here make any sense to you.

I dont understand what you mean in this sheet.

I dont understand what you mean in this sheet.

I changed the way you sheet works. I re-did the function definitions so they weren't plotting vectors but functions, and all the J_ functions plot against the same parameter. That makes finding intersection points and bounding functions easier.

I've added explainations to the sheet.

And tried to explain what I believe about functions.

Fred, what you did - it's a miracle. Thank you very much for your help. Thanks for everything.

Happy to help!

Sorry it took so many iterations.

😉

I'm so happy for your help! thaks!

I'm so happy for your help! thaks!

Top Tags