cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How can I have mathcad to automatically import all my data when they are scattered ?

ptc-4735478
1-Newbie

How can I have mathcad to automatically import all my data when they are scattered ?

I have around 100 data file of exactly same format in excel

for example, cell A1:A10 is always the experimental condition

and cell A12:A1000 is always the raw data.

how can I have mathcad15 import all these data file instead of me repeating 100 times to import?

I want mathcad to read A1:A10, so that on my mathcad15 sheet it shows the experimental condition of the data

then I want mathcad to read A12:A1000 to have the raw data for analysis...

any one have a good idea to do it?

if it is easier to do in prime 2.0, i will use prime 2.0 too...

P.S. I dont know scriptable object.....

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Henry,

this MC15 sheet should do the trick

Cheers

Raiko

what if I want to read csv file instead of excel? It turns out I really have csv file and excel recognize them and is able to open them. But the formate is still in csv.

Is there a way to tell mathcad15 the range of rows to read in the csv? Or I have to first open each file in excel and "save as" in excel format? That would mean I have to open 100 files again.

Thanks

Hi Henry,

of course you can read-in CSV files as well. In the FileList function set the file type extension from "*.xlsx" to "*.csv". Then you have to change the read-in procedure from reading excel files to csv files. For this purpose there are many read-in functions in MC15; see below.

READ.JPG

Raiko

P.S.

I don't recommend for the time being MC Prime as I've encountered some issues with data import. MC15 works well.

Top Tags