cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How can I safely distribute Mathcad worksheets on our company

ptc-3880824
1-Newbie

How can I safely distribute Mathcad worksheets on our company

Our company has developed several mathcad worksheets and each new employee improve their own version of each worksheet but they do not shared this with anyone and when he is fired he takes all this knowledge and hard work.

Its there any solution for this problem.

Best Regards from Chile

Rodney B.

8 REPLIES 8
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-3880824)

Maybe don't fire the people that do the hard work and provide the knowledge?

I agree with Richard.

we always keep and we value these people, the young people generate these problems.

I forgot that the word politically correct is, let go, instead of firing.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-3880824)

Fired, let go, quit, whatever. What you have is a mangement problem, not a Mathcad problem. These people improve the worksheets, but apparently you have no change control in place to track the chnages, let alone validate that the changes are correct. The only thing you could do in Mathcad is lock the worksheets so that changes are not possible. That just means you won't get any improvements though. If you want the improvements to be available to everyone then mangement has to introduce policies to make that happen. Mathcad cannot do it.

You can lock your work sheet by 2 ways . One way lock your entire sheet by providing password thro Tools>Protectworksheet( by these you can possibly leave some place by editing) in seocnd way you can lock your sheet locally.by inserting Area ( and within this area you can have your data) and lock locally.

Hope the above may help you.

Thanks

S.Senthil Kumar.

Senthil Kumar wrote:

You can lock your work sheet by 2 ways .

The 3d way -Mathcad Calculation Server

See please:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/3MAS/index_en.html

Yes this was my firt aproach but PTC do not suppor any more the mathcad app server.

This is the ideal solution.

Rodney Bellido de Luna wrote:

Yes this was my firt aproach but PTC do not suppor any more the mathcad app server.

This is the ideal solution.

No problem.

You can use my Mathcad Server.

Top Tags