cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How can i create the model described in the paper

real_aussie
6-Contributor

How can i create the model described in the paper

Hi, i am new to Mathcad. I am having difficulty recreating the model described in the attached study.

Since there are so many equations, it is getting very overwhelming.

Any tips on how to get started would be highly appreciated.

Regards

12 REPLIES 12

Ask please authors of the article - what software authors used? 

Thank you ValeryOchkov for your response.

Yes, the author has used MathCad 2001i - that is why i believe i can re-create the model for myself.

I am using Mathcad 15.

Many thanks

Now it is a good style to publish articles with calculation in form of Mathcad, Maple or Mathematica sheets!

Or/and as a minimum - authors give readers link where readers can download sheets.

The high style is to publish e-version of articles with online ( alive) calculations. Readers can change input data and see new answers.

In is my style!

See one example with pdf and online calculations

http://iapws.org/relguide/IF97-Rev.html

Wow this is really cool work. And you are right, if publications came with model files it would help the research community greatly.

Is it possible if you can send me the mathcad file for some of your work which will help me to see how you have linked up the varies data sources, summations, integration and equations.

Thank you

See please one my reference book with online calculation and links for download sheets

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/rbtpp/eng/

We (the authors) have hardcopies too as... presents to friends. But real readers use only e-version (free) or the software WaterSteamPro

Hi,

Mathcad and Prime has several file formats.  Mathcad 15, Prime 3.0, Prime 4.0, and Prime 5.0.

Which one are you going to work with?

Cheers

Hi Terry, I will be working with Mathcad 15.

Cheers

WOW!

It's good that you picked something easy to start with.  Smiley Happy

Seriously, this will be a major undertaking!  If you have a very good grasp on the science you might be able to do it.  Someone with a good grasp on Mathcad could (probably) create the equations, but to do this right you really need both.  There is such a person--Valery Ochkov, and he is a frequent contributor here.

The advantage of Mathcad will be that the equations will look a lot like what's published when you're done.  That makes finding errors a lot easier (IMHO.)  

You're going to need a good understanding of vectors and the way indexing works, and you need to understand functions as well.

It would be good (if you're committed) to make a start; create a Mathcad file and start entering equations.  You'll get a lot more help if you post a document than a request.  A lot of people will help correct mistakes and suggest methods; very few will post a file to a request.

Thank you Fred for your deep insights - they are already helping me.

My plan is to create the model described in section 2.1 which comprise of equations 1 to 16. This will allow me to check with the data shown in the paper to see if the model has been created correctly. That will then allow me to use the model meaningfully for further research.

Attached is the mathcad project file after i entered all the available data and some of the initial equations. I am finding it difficult to work with all the various subscripts and how the equations get deeper and deeper. From the tutorials on youtube and elsewhere, i haven't come across such complexity, it has mainly been defined parameters and then solving an equation for an unknown, while here i have to correctly link sets of data first and then i can solve.

I hope i can get your's and Valery Ochkov's support.

Regards

Hi,

As an easy solution I contacted the authors to see if the original Mathcad 2001i worksheet/s still existed.

The email on the bottom of first page article bounced back as no longer valid.

Cheers

Terry

I am a member of the editorial board of one journal. Once I received an article for a review. A set of not very complicated formulas with many coefficients were in this article. I quickly created a calculation for this article by Mathcad, but it gave out results that were different from those that were given in the article. I suffered for a long time, checking my formulas and coefficients. Then I contacted the authors of the article.
It turned out that there were three typos in formulas and coefficients of the article!
The misprints were corrected and the article came out with a link to the online calculation and with the possibility of downloading files (Mathcad: 15, Prime, Express, SMath) calculation itself. And Excel too!

Now this formulation is here

Mad-Formulas.png

Hi,

I have been given the current company email address of the first author of the paper.   It would be preferable you approach him as you can explain why you want the original Mathcad 2000i calculation files.  I will send the email address by private message.

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags