cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How could I download an offline instalation file of Mathcad Express?

ptc-6842971
1-Newbie

That's because I don't have right now a broadband internet conection at home, only a minimal conection that will let me only activate the product, but not to download it. I need download the offline version, so I could install it in my personal computer.

In advance, thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CNET looks legal to me and the file they offer has pretty much the same content as the file paying customers can download from PTC site, including both the 32bit and the 64 bit version in one installation pack. Ofcourse without a valid license (file) its just a 30day demo and after that period it turns into the crippled Express version.

Here is another link where you can download full installations of Prime Demo/Express (32bit and 64 bit sparate) and the site sure is not one of the darker corners of the net:

http://www.adeptscience.co.uk/download/dldcat/33/0/All/Mathcad.html

You may find there other downloads of interest, too.

I don't understand why PTC does not offer that on their site.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6842971)

You can't "download" an offline version of the installation file. If you download something, then by definition it is online. If you mean to ask how you can get an installation CD from PTC, I doubt you can. Do you not have a friend or neighbor that can download it for you and burn it to a CD?

Richard Jackson wrote:

You can't "download" an offline version of the installation file. If you download something, then by definition it is online. If you mean to ask how you can get an installation CD from PTC, I doubt you can. Do you not have a friend or neighbor that can download it for you and burn it to a CD?

I guess thats exactly what he wants to do - let somebody else download it for him or download it at work/university to install it later at home.

Unfortunately unlike the Mathcad 15 file the Prime download it just about 18 MByte and I guess thats just a stub which loads other program parts at installation time. This is different from the full (offline) installation file we can download as customers which is 1026 MBytes and includes 32bit and 64bit version in one file. And using a very slow connection downloading about 1 GB of data can be problematic.

I am not sure if PTC is willing to offer that full installation file publicly for download even though I don't see any reason why they should not do so - without a valid license its the Express version anyway.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

Ah, I see. I didn't realize the Prime download was just a stub. Which shows how much I paid attention during the installation, because when I look at my installer, it's only 18Mb!

In such a case I would head to a local coffee shop with a broadband connection, and buy enough coffee to complete the installation . Of course, that's not exactly a viable option if you have a desktop PC

Coffee shop is never wrong anyway but maybe someone from PTC here has an alternative solution to offer??

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

Coffee shop is never wrong anyway

Not even when the bars are open?

Coffee shop is never wrong anyway

Not even when the bars are open?

OK, caught me! Guess I have to take back the "never". Everything in good time.

Thank you for answers..

I see there's not a solutios in this case, perhaps PTC is not "willing to offer that full installation file publicly for download" or maybe noone "from PTC here has an alternative solution to offer".

However, I found something, and I would want to ask all you about this: in this link http://download.cnet.com/PTC-Mathcad-Prime/3000-2053_4-75882561.html CNET page offers the full file download. My question is if Is it legal and correct to get the file from that source? (most that a personal point of view, I would like a legal one, as far as posible)

In advance, thank you again.

Thank you for answers..

I see there's not a solutios in this case, perhaps PTC is not "willing to offer that full installation file publicly for download" or maybe noone "from PTC here has an alternative solution to offer".

However, I found something, and I would want to ask all you about this: in this link http://download.cnet.com/PTC-Mathcad-Prime/3000-2053_4-75882561.html CNET page offers the full file download. My question is if Is it legal and correct to get the file from that source? (most that a personal point of view, I would like a legal one, as far as posible)

In advance, thank you again.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6842971)

I doubt CNET would offer an illegal version.

CNET looks legal to me and the file they offer has pretty much the same content as the file paying customers can download from PTC site, including both the 32bit and the 64 bit version in one installation pack. Ofcourse without a valid license (file) its just a 30day demo and after that period it turns into the crippled Express version.

Here is another link where you can download full installations of Prime Demo/Express (32bit and 64 bit sparate) and the site sure is not one of the darker corners of the net:

http://www.adeptscience.co.uk/download/dldcat/33/0/All/Mathcad.html

You may find there other downloads of interest, too.

I don't understand why PTC does not offer that on their site.

Top Tags