cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How do i convert 1x1 vector to scalar values in MAthCAD 15

dprasad-2
2-Guest

How do i convert 1x1 vector to scalar values in MAthCAD 15

I have referenced excel UB steel table and used Vector command so that I can use properties values for calculation. its easier such that I only have to change row number to select a different UB.

I use properties to calculate bending capacity (output as vector)  and compare with know demand (typed scalar values), I get errors.  How do i convert 1x1 vector answers with typed scalar values such that "all values are scalar" for checks" ?

dprasad-2_0-1620607874442.pngdprasad-2_1-1620607908938.pngdprasad-2_2-1620607948895.png

4 REPLIES 4

If A is a 1x1 matrix, you can make it a scalar by assigning A:=A[1 (that is A with vector index 1, because I see that you changed the value of ORIGIN to 1). You may also use A[ORIGIN to be independent from the current setting of ORIGIN.

From the pic it looks like you accidentially used the column selector to access the individual values and this results in a vector - in your case a 1x1 vector/matrix.

So instead of redefining Data:=submatrix(....) and then A:=Data^<6> you may simply write A:=Data[U.brow,6

Its always better to attach your worksheet rather than just providing pictures as its quite hard to debug a picture 😉

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:dprasad-2)

By indexing properly.

If it's just a 1x1 vector, you index it with [ORIGIN.

Example: if M holds the 1x1 vector value (3), so M=(3), then you get the simple, scala value 3 by:

M[ORIGIN

Success!
Luc

Hi 

For your information.

Cheers

Terry

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:dprasad-2)

Prime 6 1*1 vector.

image.png

Prime 7 1*1 vector.

image.png

image.png Prime 7 can't solve and shows an error.

Top Tags