cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How do you use controls in Mathcad?

mzeftel
1-Newbie

How do you use controls in Mathcad?

Hi all,

We are discussing input controls for Mathcad Prime. If you currently use Mathsoft controls or Web controls in Mathcad, can you tell us how you use them?

What do you want to do with controls that you can't currently do?

Do you use all the options on the context menus such as changing the font, changing the alignment, adding pictures?

Who uses controls in your organization?

Please post some examples.

Thanks,

Mona

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Mona,

You know I use Mathcad Server up 2006 and know WebControls very well.

I will send you my wishes by e- mail. OK?

I use the controls when I need to do the same type of analysis on different sets of data.

The "text box" allows me to easily name the different sets for automatic saving at the end of the calculations.

The drop down lists, radio buttons, and check boxes are also useful for selecting differnt analysis options.

I do like the ability to change the fonts, but some of the other display options are difficult to figure out what they do.

Raiko
16-Pearl
(To:mzeftel)

Hello Mona

I'm using controls quite often. My wishlist is as follows:

1. In instances where the same calculation, but with different input values, has to be repeated. There I can choose from e.g a drop down list. However, the controls need to be more reliable. Quite often they freeze and MC has to be restarted.
  2. I'd like to have an easier mode to adapt the controls instead of reverting to an old fashioned Visual Basic code. Also, the VB needs more State and Format properties.
  3. The web-controls are a good idea but have a stability issue.

Raiko

P.S.

An example is attached (MC15)

Top Tags