cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How many maximum rows can Mathcad 15 handle to read excell spreadsheet data?

richardm55
7-Bedrock

How many maximum rows can Mathcad 15 handle to read excell spreadsheet data?

I have Mathcad 15 and I wanted to use excell spreadsheet to show up the calculation results over it and also to use excell spreadsheet to read values typed in an excell table.

But I have noticed I can generate only maximum rows 65536 and it looks like Mathcad 15 handles the old version of Excell 2003.

Is it possible to do anything to use new version of Excell which can handle up to 1048576 rows and16384 columns?

Thank you for any help

8 REPLIES 8

did you try to use READEXCEL to import the data?

No, I will try it tomorrow. Maybe good idea.

READFILE function reads data form external file but I need the function which will work in an oppositve way.

I need to transfer data from Mathcad to excell file with no limitation I've faced.

How about the WRITEEXCEL function?

Do you know how to use this function?

@richardm55 wrote:

Do you know how to use this function?

I would trust the built.in help documentation

Unbenannt.PNG

Mathcad 15 has "data tables,"  Insert/data/table.  I don't know if there's a size limit or not. 

• Insert a blank table
  • In EXCEL, copy the data you want
  • in Mathcad, right-click on the table, select "paste table"

Data is in the table (which you give a variable name) as an array variable.

Yesterday  I found out that Mathcad 15 has some limitation to maximum number of rows and columns to proceed and looks like mathcad 15 can handle spreadsheets for Excel 2003 version which could do max 65 thousand rows.

Top Tags