cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to access interpolated data to use as a variable??

regcurry
14-Alexandrite

How to access interpolated data to use as a variable??

See attached Mathcad file and xls file containing data.

I am trying to increase the number of time points in a field vs. time data file to then use in a subsequent calculation with the increased data points.  The time points are all less than 1.

I cannot figure out how to access the interpolated data to use in a subsequent calculation involving range variables.

Can the range variable to use as the indices be less than 1?  If not, how can this data be used in a time varying calculation?

Thanks for any help.

Reg Curry

Reg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

‌I edited this before it posted; for some reason the edited version did not post.  Anyway, I found the answer to my question in an old post via a search of this forum.  If, the edited version ever posts, you will see a link to that answer.

Reg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Reg Curry wrote:

See attached Mathcad file and xls file containing data.

No attachment visible!?

If you answer to this and would like to attach files, you first have to click on "Use advanced editor" at the upper right and then you are offered at the lower right the option to attach files.

regcurry
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

‌I edited this before it posted; for some reason the edited version did not post.  Anyway, I found the answer to my question in an old post via a search of this forum.  If, the edited version ever posts, you will see a link to that answer.

Reg
DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:regcurry)

Well, you didn't attach anything, but here's some general interpolation techniques.  Be sure to plot your results to be sure the interpolation is what you want.  At the very end I calculate results for a range variable.

interp.jpg

While more complicated, the B-spline does a nice job of fitting the data.

inter2.jpg

Top Tags