cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to access non-sequential array indices

ptc-5071035
1-Newbie

How to access non-sequential array indices

Sorry if this has been answered before. I have looked around for the last hour or two and can not seem to find anything about this. I've created my own function to solve this issue, but I can't help but think that it should be easier.

I would like to access an array with another array of indices. Unlike a range, these indices are non-sequential. When I try to access the array just like a range would, it says that the value must be an integer. I've also tried vectorizing it, to no avail.

Any insight you guys might have would be greatly appreciated. I'm using Mathcad Prime 2.0, by the way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What do you mean by "access" the first array? Selecting a subset of data values in the first vector given by another array of indices?

If yes, here are two possible solutions:

VectorSubset.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

What do you mean by "access" the first array? Selecting a subset of data values in the first vector given by another array of indices?

If yes, here are two possible solutions:

VectorSubset.png

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

You are welcome.

Here is a third way using a local function and vectorization:

VectorSubset2.png

Top Tags