cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to add a subscript m with values m=1,2,3... but also function of y

DrilonShabani
8-Gravel

How to add a subscript m with values m=1,2,3... but also function of y

Im am trying to solve an exercise with Levy's theory for plates which is a Single Sine Series. As it is described in the books, i have to use a load pm(y) , with m=1,2,3,...M, but as a function of y. I will try to illustrate it in the following figure and also i will upload the file that I'm trying to create. It is in Mathcad 15.

I hope i'm clear enough because it is a bit difficult since i don't have it clear enough myself, unfortunately.

Screenshot_3.png

6 REPLIES 6

It is not a solution?

Thanks

Hello Drilon,

just to elabortae on Valerys solution: as heshowed, all you have to do is to define m as a vector (single column matrix) and pass the vector elements over to your function p(m,y). The vectorize function (arrow above the function p(m,y)) ensures that the function is evaluated elementwise.

Regards

Raiko

Yeap.. it works this way. Thanks

Look at the attached sheet.

Since p(x,y) is a constant value that depends on y, it can be extracted from the integral.  That integral then has values that depend on the value of m, but it can be evaluated as a function, not an integration.

Thank you Fred..

Top Tags