cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to compare vector values to a single number?

dsochor
5-Regular Member

How to compare vector values to a single number?

In the attached MathCAD 14 worksheet, I am attempting to compare the individual values in a vector to a single number and create a yes or know output. For a reason I have yet to understand, I am unable to compare these. Is there a particular way to compare these which I am missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Sochor wrote:

In your attachment this works, however, in page 8 of the attached worksheet this E functionality does not work and I am unable to compare E to a single vector value. Is there a reason for this?

The reason for that is, that your vector E contains complex values which of course can not be ordered linear.

In your sheet the complex tolerance for numeric evaluations is set to 0 (default is 10), but this effects only the visual representation, not the value itself.

Way out is using only the real part of the values or their absolute value (if you are sute that you will never have to deal with negative values).

compare1.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sorry, not Origin but ORIGIN and not E[i:= but E := - see the attach please.

Or so

E.png

dsochor
5-Regular Member
(To:ValeryOchkov)

In your attachment this works, however, in page 8 of the attached worksheet this E functionality does not work and I am unable to compare E to a single vector value. Is there a reason for this?

See the attach please

Daniel Sochor wrote:

The reason for that is, that your vector E contains complex values which of course can not be ordered linear.

In your sheet the complex tolerance for numeric evaluations is set to 0 (default is 10), but this effects only the visual representation, not the value itself.

Way out is using only the real part of the values or their absolute value (if you are sute that you will never have to deal with negative values).

compare1.png

Top Tags