cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to convert XMCD file into MCDX format?

dkothia
1-Newbie

How to convert XMCD file into MCDX format?

The file is from Mathsoft MathCad, but I want to run it in the new PTC MathCad what is the solution please answer ASAP. And are the two software same?

193 REPLIES 193
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:peyman)

@peyman wrote:

Hi - Is it any way to delete the statement:

Created with PTC Mathcad Express. See www.mathcad.com for more information

when print or pdf the mcdx file.

Thanks

Sure!

If you think its worth the money, buy a license for the full version and that "branding" will be gone.
Other methods may require you to edit and modify the program file(s) but thats prohibited by the license agreement that you have accepted.

I have 19 MCD files that I want to read in MathCAD Xpress, can you convert all? when emailing back, please add .ALLOW to the filename at the end like: elliptic.zip.ALLOW otherwise system at LM will stop it.

Question, why did you make this complicated to read MCD files in Xpress? Can just have a simple utility on line to convert? Just curious why limiting usage of similar programs/ same company in purpose...!

Mano

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4817179)

There's little to gain for you when these .mcd files would be converted to Prime format.

It will allow you to see the contents, but (at least some of them) you will not be able to use, because they contain Mathcad programs.

You are using Prime Express, which means that you can see these programs, but you cannot use (calculate with) them.

The reason PTC makes conversion so difficult is because they want to promote the usage of Prime, to sell the full edition of it. Prime express is free, so does not gain them any money directly.

Success!

Luc

Here it is (for Mathcad Prime 3.1 version).

Hi, can you convert this to mcdx, please

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Ned99)

Here it is (for Mathcad Prime 3.1 version).

Hi

Could you help me convert this file? Thanks.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:WeiXu)

Here it is.

Hi can you pls help me convert this in mathcad prime format?

Please find it in attachment.

Hey guys,

can someone help me to convert this file to be compatible with PTC Mathcad Prime 7.0.0.0?

I will be thankful. 🙂

You can find it in attachment.

TS_9662902
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks mate, have a nice day 🙂

MLabib
4-Participant
(To:ValeryOchkov)

May you please help me convert these files from .xmcd to.mcdx? Thank you!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MLabib)

Which version of Prime are you using?

Luc

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You can find it in attachment. For "97stm_v15" worksheet - you need to de-pass the closed areas.

MLabib
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks a lot! May you please also convert these two files for me? I use MathCAD Prime 7

MLabib
4-Participant

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

"97stm_v15" worksheet - still password protected.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Here it is.

Hello, 

Is it possible to convert this file in mcdx please? 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:AB_10206795)

Yes, it's possible.

Ideally you should state which version of Prime you are/will be using.

Success!
Luc

Hello,

Thanks a lot , the file has been made on mathcad 7.0 but i would like to use it on 6.0 or 8.0

Hi, Can you please help me convert these files, from XMCD to MCDX? Thanks!!!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:KV_10325625)

Please specify which version of Prime you are using.

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:KV_10325625)

Attached. .mcdx files.

Success!
Luc

Привет,   может кто-нибудь, пожалуйста, помогите мне преобразовать эти файлы,

с XMCD на MCDX?

Hi,

can you transfer this file for me, so it will be compatible with Prime 7.0?

Thanks, have a nice day 🙂

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:dkothia)

Mathcad and Mathcad Prime are sort of the same. Mathcad Prime is newer, but much less capable. To convert a worksheet from Mathcad to Mathcad Prime you need both Mathcad Prime and Mathcad 15 installed (your license for Prime will also work for Mathcad 15). However, since Mathcad Prime is less capable than Mathcad 15, there is no guarantee that the converted worksheet will function correctly.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:dkothia)

You can find latest Mathcad 15 version necessary for converting the files, here: Thank You for Your Interest in PTC Mathcad 15 | PTC

Top Tags