cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to convert XMCD file into MCDX format?

dkothia
1-Newbie

How to convert XMCD file into MCDX format?

The file is from Mathsoft MathCad, but I want to run it in the new PTC MathCad what is the solution please answer ASAP. And are the two software same?

193 REPLIES 193
AdriCreu
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Hello,

Can you convert these files into .MCDX please ?

I can't download Mathcad 15 as I do not have a licence anymore and I have a demo version of Mathcad Prime.

I would like to use former files.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:AdriCreu)

1. How did you (manage to) loose that license?

2. If you qualify as a 'new' user, you can download Mathcad 15 and install it for a trial period of 30 days...

Success!

Luc

Please find converted worksheets for Mathcad Prime 3.1 version in attachment.

AdriCreu
4-Participant

Thanks!

leole
4-Participant
(To:dkothia)

Could anyone please help me to convert this file.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:leole)

You may do it yourself the next time - as user of Prime you are also entitled to use real Mathcad 15 which has to be installed for the converter to work.

Here is the converted file (Prime 6 format) - you will have to reformat it concerning line and page breaks and the display of arrays.

leole
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you for your help !

Sanath
16-Pearl
(To:leole)

@dkothia,

Hi All,

I see most of you have already answered the question for the conversion. I am just confirming the process in detail here.

Worksheets created in Mathcad 15.0 or older version can be converted into Mathcad Prime version using XMCD/MCD converter. When you install Mathcad Prime on your machine, converter also gets installed. Ensure to have both Mathcad 15.0 and Mathcad Prime application installed on the same machine and licensed. Single license would work for both.

You can open Mathcad Prime application click input/output tab and click XMCD/MCD converter and browse for the Mathcad 15.0 worksheet and click convert. A new file would get created in the same folder which can then be opened in Mathcad Prime application.

You can also run the XMCD/MCD conveter directly by running the XMCD/MCD converter app without opening the Mathcad Prime application.

NOTE: If you have multiple versions of Mathcad Prime application installed, then file would converted to latest version of the application installe on the machine.

For eg: if you have both Prime 5.0 and Prime 6.0 inistalled on the same system and if you use Prime 5.0 converter, even then worksheet gets converted to Prime 6.0 version only

GP_9799645
4-Participant
(To:dkothia)

Hello
I changed my computer from win10 and unfortunately mathcad15 does not work on it.
Can anyone convert the file to mathcad prime 6.0?

Here it is (for Mathcad Prime 3.1 version).

ptc-1761061
5-Regular Member

GP_9799645
4-Participant

Thank you.  

I would have a question: What is the way to change files if someone has WIN10?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:GP_9799645)

?

Please explain.

Luc

GP_9799645
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

I have Windows 10 with mathcad 6.0. I cannot install mathcad 15 on this system for file conversion.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:GP_9799645)

Mathcad 15 should install without problems on a Windows 10 system. For licensing it, you can use the very same license file that you used for Prime.

See here for more information:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/All-About-Mathcad-Software-Installation/td-p/706433

Be sure that you have the right prerequisites:

• Windows XP Home or Professional Edition, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Vista, or Windows 7; Windows XP SP3, XP-x64 SP3, Vista, or Windows 7 (or later) recommended
• Windows Installer 3.0 or later
• Microsoft .NET Framework® 3.5 or later
• MSXML 4.0 SP2 Pareser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required)
• Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later

Success!

Luc

You can attach your file here so we can convert it for you.

can someone help me to convert these two files from XMCD to MCDX, please!

@MA_9943747 wrote:

can someone help me to convert these two files from XMCD to MCDX, please!

You should state which version of Prime you are using as otherwise, if you are not using the latest, you may end up with a converted file you can't open.

And ... it sure would help if you attach the files you want to see converted 😉

Always check your posting after posting it in a forum ...

WeiXu
7-Bedrock

Thank you for the reminding. I am using prime 6.0.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:WeiXu)

Here are the files converted to Prime 6, without any postprocessing.

BTW, you can download MC15 (even the 3o day trial will do OK), install it and do the conversions yourself. For the rest of this year the license for Prime will also be OK for real Mathcad (MC15).

WeiXu
7-Bedrock

Thank you very much.

thank you for your replay,

actually i want to convert a XMCD file to a mathcad prime 6.0.

Prime can read earlier version files, so your version 6 will read a version 3.1.

Now, if someone had posted a version 7, you would have been SOL

Here are your files converted to Prime 6.

But for the rest of this year you can download and install MC15 yourself and use it with the very same license file you had received for Prime (or at least use it in its 30 day trial). So you can have a look at a more feature- and powerful  (but sure old fashioned) version back from the good old days and convert files yourself or, even better, use them directly as they are 😉

thank you very much 😍😄 @Werner_E 

Thenk you for your help!

Have a wonerful sumer 🌞!

Hello,

You have to install the older (and better) version, Mathcad 15, additionally!! That's the PTC way of making things unnecessary complicated. Mathcad 15 is needed for the converter in Mathcad Prime to work!

And when you have installed Mathcad 15, you may consider looking at the file with MC15 without converting it to Prime format. You will notice that a converted file will need some post processing. Depending on the features used in the original MC15 file its also possible that Prime will not be able to do the same calculations because of missing functionality in Prime. But on first glance it look that your sheet uses just very basic features which should also be available in Prime. The plots in Prime will not show any grids which is a no-go in logarithmic plots. If you want to see grid lines, you will either have to use workaround routines which Luc and also I posted in prior threads or you will have to create those plots from scratch using the very badly implemented third party plot module which was introduced with Prime 5. If you are working in high resolution with a 4K Display you will notice that this plot module is unusable as of the much too tiny fonts. Again - its the PTC way.

Valery already posted the converted worksheet.

See attached a pdf-print so you can see what the sheet looks like in Mathcad 15.

Hi Valery, can you convert this file for me to .mcdx?

Thank you!

Thank you!

Top Tags