cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to convert XMCD file into MCDX format?

dkothia
1-Newbie

How to convert XMCD file into MCDX format?

The file is from Mathsoft MathCad, but I want to run it in the new PTC MathCad what is the solution please answer ASAP. And are the two software same?

193 REPLIES 193
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MLabib)

Same question you asked last month and three months ago (here).

Your set of files relies on 97stm.MCD which contains password locked areas. These cannot be converted to Prime. You first have to open the locks, and you need the password for that.

Success!
Luc

MLabib
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Hi Luc,

Can the other files be converted though? There are 8 other files in the folder, I don't think they're password protected. 

Thanks!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

If they can be converted (contain no password protected locked areas) then you can convert them yourself, using just your Prime 7.

LucMeekes_0-1665585574923.png

If the converter doesn't run for you then one of two things can be the case:

1. You're running Prime Express.

2. You forgot to install the converter along with installing Prime. Read here how to solve that (by re-installing your Prime 7).

Success!
Luc

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I wonder how many more times we will see this very same request yet.

Of course, it would be useful for the Prime converter to also convert password-protected areas and transfer them back into password-protected Prime areas. Technically, this should be possible, since the password protection in Mathcad is not very high. But Prime is not able/willing to do this and the converter insists on password-protected areas being unlocked before the conversion.

You may try to contact the author of the file 97ST.MCD, Prof. Jon Gibbins if he would be willing to provide an unlocked copy of the file or at least a locked Prime version of it. Contact data may be found here: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/mecheng/people/academic/jon-gibbins

TS_9662902
4-Participant
(To:dkothia)

Hey,

can someone convert this file for me so it will be compatible with Prime 7.0? 

Thanks a lot, have a nice day 🙂

How.png

So you are not going to do that? I have no license for that old one and i don't know where to get it 😞

@TS_9662902 wrote:

So you are not going to do that? I have no license for that old one and i don't know where to get it 😞

ValeryOchkov_0-1668366081674.png

Starting from the 7th version of Mathcad Prime you can use the built-in converter (before the installation process, it is necessary to select it among the installation components).

Pic_1.png

Hello. Can someone help me to convert this file into .MCDX?

Thank you very much.

You sure attract more attention if you open a new thread with your plea and don't use one which is already flagged as "solved".

Its also very important that you state which version of Prime you are using because the file format changes with every version!!

Why do you need us to convert the file?

If you are using Prime version 7, 8 or 9, you can chose to install a converter so you could do it yourself. If you missed to check the option to install the converter, you can re-run the installation file and add the converter.

If you are using Prime 6 or lower, its even more important to tell us which version.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JirafDuck)

Here's the file.

Success!

Luc

@JirafDuck 

Lucs file is on Prime4 format

If you let it recalculate, you may notice that some errors pop up. This is due to the fact, that Mathcad used SUC (static unit check) while Prime doesn't. Thtats not a drawback, but it means that in Prime you have to apply units even if the value is zero.

So the variables Mt, Mfm, Mta and Mtm in the sheet are assigned the value zero (without units) and this has to be changed to 0 N*m.

Attached is the P4 file with this correction done.

You may delete the annotation done by the converter to clean up the file and it sure needs some heavy reformatting, too.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

"Lucs file is on Prime4 format"

I specifically set it to Prime 3 format.

Anyway....

Luc

Top Tags