cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to create a list with Steel profiles that generates the respective geometric properties?

DrilonShabani
8-Gravel

How to create a list with Steel profiles that generates the respective geometric properties?

I want to create a "drop down list" with steel profiles in order that after i choose the profile, it automatically generates it's respective properties like Area A , Moment of inertia  I.x and I.y , etc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Drilon Shabani wrote:

I want to create a "drop down list" with steel profiles in order that after i choose the profile, it automatically generates it's respective properties like Area A , Moment of inertia  I.x and I.y , etc...

And here's one approach using Mathcad 15 ...

Stuart

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:DrilonShabani)

Here's a set of possible implementations in Prime. The attached file is Prime 3.1, you can only open it with Prime 3.1.

Success!
Luc

Drilon Shabani wrote:

And here's one approach using Mathcad 15 ...

Stuart

Wonderful....

My problem is that "getrow" is not working. I am new in Mathcad (obviously) so can you please advice me at this point?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:DrilonShabani)

What version of Mathcad are you using?

Mathcad 15....

Another problem is with the Units. I try to create a new vector which uses the defined values multiplied with the respective unites but it doesnt work. I guess they are supposed to have the same units each element.

Any idea.

Thanks in advance

Mixed units in arrays are not allowed in Mathcad 15. They are allowed in Mathcad Prime.

So how am i supposed to add the units to the values in this case?

I don't have enough information to answer that. Please post a worksheet showing what you are trying to do.

Screenshot_1.jpg

GETROW command is not working ...

Debugging a picture, without even knowing the error message, is not possible. Please attach the worksheet (click on "Use advanced editor" at the top right of the edit dialog).

This is the file on which the command GETROW is not working

I found it .. My mistake of course.

Thank you very very very much for your time

Why i can not add the units to this file, and when i create a new file with the same text as you, i cant use "getrow"?

Are you looking for something like this: AISC V13 Table 3-2 ?

This is really an advanced level... Thank you very much

Top Tags