cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to display results at the beginning of a document/report?

jmisund
1-Newbie

How to display results at the beginning of a document/report?

Hello!

I'm currently working on making a report using Mathcad Prime 3.0 and would like to display some of the results from my calculations in the beginning of the document. Is there a way to do this other than using global definitions?

The reason that I don't want to use the global definitions is that they can't be changed like functions or normal variables. Other than being a hassle it is plain impossible the way I have set up my current document.

There is a simple example in the attached file.

8 REPLIES 8
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jmisund)

As scripted objects are not yet implemented in Prime you will have to use a combination of 'File Access' functions..

Maybe WRITEEXCEL AND READEXCEL?

Too bad.

Using Excel could probably work. Unfortunately I don't have to luxury of being able to work with more than one file either. Maybe I'm just being difficult here...

If there is no way to do it, I'll just have to go on without.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Jonas Misund wrote:

Using Excel could probably work. Unfortunately I don't have to luxury of being able to work with more than one file either. Maybe I'm just being difficult here...

Why not?

It does not have to be Excel there are many formats you could write the data to. The file would not need to be accessed, just saved in a location where Prime could access it.

Jonas Misund wrote:

I don't think so. I have used scripted objects in the past and have also used the method outlined above.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Jonas Misund wrote:

Why not?

It does not have to be Excel there are many formats you could write the data to. The file would not need to be accessed, just saved in a location where Prime could access it.

That is the problem. I can't count on Prime being able to access the file. Otherwise it would be perfect.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Jonas Misund wrote:

I don't think so. I have used scripted objects in the past and have also used the method outlined above.

Yeah, too bad it's just not an option for me. But thank you for the enlightenment!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Sorry I coundn't have been more help

No problem, I'll just have to change the layout

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Writing detailed reports is not a strong point for either MathCAD v15 or Prime. Good report need a summary, table of contents, table of figures, etc. The only way is to use word and cut and paste results, formulas, plots etc. It is a real hassle. Been there and done that.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:tietjee)

Yes but at least M15 could save to rtf, which has not yet been implemented in Prime.

I sincerely hope they implement real report writing features in the future.

Top Tags