cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to edit excel table parameters?

richardm55
7-Bedrock

How to edit excel table parameters?

I have embedded excel table with data and I export them to matrix of  variables (vectors) and I don't know how to open an editing window to assign rows/collumns of table to these vectors?

I also had this issue in the past. It sometimes appeared and I right clicked the table and I have chosen properties option. But now I can not get it.

I hope someone faced the same situation and knows solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

Which version are you using, Mathcad 15, or one of the Prime releases?

How did you set up the excel table?

Cheers

Terry

Hi,

I use Mathcad 15.

It happens when I want to edit somebody's document. When I do it from scratch it works normally but I want to edit already created table I have no access to those option.

My colleague from work found the way for it by copying it to new document and it works in  new one and then bring it back to original document.

But I am looking for the way to do it without all those tricks.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:richardm55)

Can you attach the sheet?
That way people helping you can have a look.
If you're not allowed (to prevent IP disclosure) to attach, create a simple sheet with the same problem.

I can not attach original document but if I copy this part which has issue into new document then will start work and an issue disappear and it will be the same if I create new document this issue will not apear.

The problem happens as I mentioned if I try to edit someone's or my old document.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:richardm55)

You cannot attach due to IP reasons? What if you strip out the sensitive parts and save the result as a new document and attach that.

You refer to 'old document'... Was it done in a previous version of Mathcad? If yes, which version?

Luc

I think I know the answer for my question. I have checked this issue on computer with Windows 7 and older version of Excel and it works fine. That means that latest version of Ms Office, especially Excel causes this issue.

I also face other issues like lack of ram memory causing long wait to open any table in Mathcad, sometimes up to a minute. I presume that Mathcad 15 badly cooperates with the latest version of Excel.

Try to update to the latest Mathcad 15 M050 service release: https://www.ptc.com/-/media/Files/Docs/Mathcad/Mathcad15-EN.zip

Top Tags