cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to fix instability in List/Combo Box Use?

srich
1-Newbie

How to fix instability in List/Combo Box Use?

I am revamping some Mathcad programs created about 6 years ago in Mathcad 14 to Mathcad 15 and there is instability in the List/Combo boxes. They don't always fail, but when they do the program is unusable. The error message returned is "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has returned from a call to a COM component." Is there a new syntex that needs to be applied in Mathcad 15? THANKS for your help!!!!

Sharon

3 REPLIES 3
jsheehan
1-Newbie
(To:srich)

Sharon,

I use 15 and the combo/lists boxes work fine. The HRESULT E_FAIL from a COM component points to scripting behind the list box caqusing an error.

Can you share the worksheet or partial worksheet which reproduces the error?

John

srich
1-Newbie
(To:jsheehan)

Thank you for the prompt reply John. I am glad to know that you aren't having any problems. Were these created in 15 or a previous version and still work in 15? I am not sure if I need to recreate them in 15 or if it is something else. It has been more stable the last couple of days. I haven’t been able to recreate it again. I think that it might be an issue with Excel. I am going to have my IT reinstall both Mathcad and Excel to see if that corrects it. If not, I will revert with the file.

THANKS and have a great day!!!!

Sharon

jsheehan
1-Newbie
(To:srich)

UI controls have been around for a long time, you do not need to recreate them in 15 however.

IFo example, I open Mathcad 11 worksheets with UI controls in Mathcad 15 with no issues and no need to recreate.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

John

Top Tags