cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to generate usage report for MathCAD Floating Network Subscription Licenses

TC5
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

How to generate usage report for MathCAD Floating Network Subscription Licenses

Hi,

We recently added floating "Subscription" licenses to our MathCAD license pool.

I am able to monitor the usage of our regular floating network licenses, thru the FlexNet License Administrator application, on our central network license server.

But how can I monitor, or generate a report of usage for our Floating Network Subscription licenses?

Thanks,

TC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sanath
16-Pearl
(To:TC5)

@TC5, if you have added Subscription license to your regular license pool, you should have received a new license file consisting of your old licenses and new subscription license in a single license file. You need to configure this new license file on your existing flexnet license server. That way the License administrator application shows the status of your license file.(consisting of both your existing licenses and new subscription license).

You can not have two different services running on the same server machine. One for old and other for new subscription license.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

should be monitored with the same tool. The licenses, owned or subscription, should be in the same license file on your license server.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@TC5 wrote:

Hi,

We recently added floating "Subscription" licenses to our MathCAD license pool.

I am able to monitor the usage of our regular floating network licenses, thru the FlexNet License Administrator application, on our central network license server.

But how can I monitor, or generate a report of usage for our Floating Network Subscription licenses?

Thanks,

TC

Hi,

it looks like you would like to have 2 listings, one for "regular floating network licenses" and the other for "Floating Network Subscription licenses". If both licenses are installed on the same license server then I don't know if it's possible...

The only solution I can suggest is:

• install "regular floating network licenses" on server_1
  • install "Floating Network Subscription licenses" on server_2

Martin Hanák
Sanath
16-Pearl

@TC5, if you have added Subscription license to your regular license pool, you should have received a new license file consisting of your old licenses and new subscription license in a single license file. You need to configure this new license file on your existing flexnet license server. That way the License administrator application shows the status of your license file.(consisting of both your existing licenses and new subscription license).

You can not have two different services running on the same server machine. One for old and other for new subscription license.

Top Tags