cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to insert link to a location (region) in the same mathcad 15 file

lzr0
3-Visitor

How to insert link to a location (region) in the same mathcad 15 file

Hi,

I am trying to manually make a table of contents in Mathcad 15 file. I can add a tag to particular text region (Properties--Display---Tag), but when I open "insert hyperlink" menu [to link to this region from another text region], it gives me only the options "Link to a file or url". 

Is there a way to link to a particular region in the same file?

Or, otherwise, is there a way to insert an automatic table of contents based on text regions headings?

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:lzr0)

This says the Help information (for Mathcad 11, it may be slightly different for Mathcad 15):

"

Creating a Hyperlink to a Region

Before you can link to a specific region in a worksheet, you must mark it with a tag. A tag uniquely identifies a region in a worksheet, allowing you to jump directly to that region. A tag can be any collection of words, numbers, or spaces, but no symbols. A tag can not have a period in it, such as Sec1.1 but you can write Sec1,1 or Sec1-1.

To create a region tag:

1. Right-click on any region in your worksheet for which you would like to create a region tag.

2. Select Properties from the pop-up menu.

3. In the Properties dialog box, under the Display tab, type a tag in the text box provided and click "OK."

Now you can link to that region from within the worksheet or from any other worksheet.

To create a hyperlink to a region that has been tagged:

1. Click a region in your worksheet, and choose Hyperlink from the Insert menu.

2. Click "Browse" to locate and select the target worksheet, or type the complete path or Internet address (URL) to a worksheet. You must enter the name of the target worksheet even if you are creating a hyperlink to a region within the same worksheet.

3. At the end of the worksheet path type "#" followed by the region tag. The complete path for your target region will look something like this: C:\filename#region tag

4. Make further desired specifications in the Hyperlink dialog box and click "OK."

Note:

When you link from region to region within or between worksheets, you cannot use the pop-up window option.

"

Other important information:

- Tags are (as it appears) case sensitive, so 'Tag' is different from 'tag'.

- To attach a hyperlink to a text region, instead of the 'insert' menu command you can select 'hyperlink' from the right-mouse-menu.

- If you hover the mouse over a region that has a hyperlink attached, you may see the contents of the 'message that appears...' on the status bar (bottom) of your mathcad window.

See attached file.

Table of Contents is only implemented for 'electronic books', not for mere Mathcad sheets...

Success!
Luc

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:LucMeekes)

If you are linking to a location in the worksheet, the file and path are not needed just # and the tag name.  eBooks will get you a better table of contents.  There is also a basic program that will generate a drop down menu with links to the tabs.  I am on travel, but will try to find the program later.  One of the missing features in Prime.

Cheers

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:tietjee)

tietjee wrote:

"If you are linking to a location in the worksheet, the file and path are not needed just # and the tag name."

That may be true for Mathcad 15. With just that in Mathcad 11, I get an error message stating:

"Failed to open file C:\....\Temp\"

The file name is deerly missed!

Luc

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:LucMeekes)

Works in 15.  I do not know if it works in 11.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:lzr0)

Try this

Top Tags