cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to insert plot from another sheet?

JohnDoe
2-Guest

How to insert plot from another sheet?

Hello,

I am using a plot very often. The problem is that this plot is time consuming to create and it would be nice if I could import it from another sheet.

Copy and paste doesn't work. Any alternative?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In Prime 2 left click on the plot then CTRL+C and in another place left click CTRL+V.

But thats exactly the method that didn't work for ..... OK, lets call him John, anyway.

My method of "fencing" the region works, but there has to be another way to select that region rather than giving it just the focus for editing (which left click obviously does).

Heureka! Sometimes its good to let a reply open without sending. Reading your capital CTRL I tried Ctrl-Left Click and that does the job.

So to mark a region for copying you might either "fence" it like described in the preceding post or do a Ctrl-LeftClick on it. Again something learned 😉

Another try - Shift-LeftClick works, too, but you have to click twice - crazy!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Not sure if I fully understand your problem, but copy and paste works in both Mathcad15 and Prime. Ofcourse, as most plots will refer to data, variables, functions which have been defined prior, you would have to copy them as well or retype.

In contrary to Mathcad 15, using Prime, the formatting options (color, line thickness etc.) will not be copied but the graph will use the default settings of the worksheet, which, as I understand it, you cannot change permanently in Prime2.

Don't forget that Prime is still a work in progress and not a finished product - Prime 0.2 would have been more appropriate than Prime 2.0. So wait and hope for future versions to do better or switch to Mathcad 15.

In Prime 2.0 when I select the plot the cut/copy/paste in the Math ribbon are not highlighted anymore. Ctrl+C doesn't work either. I can not copy the plot. Can you verify this please?

John Doe schrieb:

In Prime 2.0 when I select the plot the cut/copy/paste in the Math ribbon are not highlighted anymore. Ctrl+C doesn't work either. I can not copy the plot. Can you verify this please?

Ahh, I see - just gave it a try. You have to select the plot in a different way, not just by clicking on it. I am used to do so from Mathcad 15 so it was the natural way for me (in fact the way of doing it is all but natural, though): Left click in a free region near, but not in the plot. Keep the mouse button pressed an move the cursot over the plot region. The region border should get a bit darker than by just clicking on it and you do not have to move the mouse over the whole region. Now you should be able to copy that region. Hope it works for you.

In Prime 2 left click on the plot then CTRL+C and in another place left click CTRL+V.
Want to work

But thats exactly the method that didn't work for ..... OK, lets call him John, anyway.

My method of "fencing" the region works, but there has to be another way to select that region rather than giving it just the focus for editing (which left click obviously does).

Heureka! Sometimes its good to let a reply open without sending. Reading your capital CTRL I tried Ctrl-Left Click and that does the job.

So to mark a region for copying you might either "fence" it like described in the preceding post or do a Ctrl-LeftClick on it. Again something learned 😉

Another try - Shift-LeftClick works, too, but you have to click twice - crazy!

OK works fine.Thanks Werner.

Jan Kowalski schrieb:

OK works fine.Thanks Werner.

Fine, hopefully for ..... hmmm, John, too.

Werner,

It looks like you have found the new hotkeys in Prime 2.0.

VladimirN. schrieb:

Werner,

It looks like you have found the new hotkeys in Prime 2.0.

I had to find new ones as the keyboard shortcuts stated in the documentation do not work in my German (and probably most other localized) version of Prime.

Its interesting how easy it is to find reasons not to like Prime, sometimes severe, sometime more on the light side as this one.

Top Tags