cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to open included file(s) from within the worksheet

RWickrama
6-Contributor

How to open included file(s) from within the worksheet

When a Mathcad Prime 2.0 worksheet has another Mathcad (Prime 2.0) worksheet(s) included (using Include Worksheet button) , there is no option (say, by right clicking "Include<<" right on left side of the included file) to back open this file later from withing the parent Mathcad worksheet. It is easier than using the Windows Explorer for the user to take a view at the included file or to edit as required.

I find similar use in some other 3D-design softwares - not only very helpful but also not able to do otherwise.

Pl. comment

Best Regards.

7 REPLIES 7
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RWickrama)

I haven't got Prime 2.0, so I can't say ... however, have you tried double-clicking the reference?

StuartBruff wrote:

I haven't got Prime 2.0, so I can't say ... however, have you tried double-clicking the reference?

This doesn't work in Prime 2. I can't see a way of doing it. Yet another Mathcad feature left out of Prime!

Alan

RWickrama
6-Contributor
(To:StuartBruff)

Thank you for your reply.

What I have is "Include<<" and the listing of the included file itself just right to "Include<<". None of them have any option to open the file included.

Best regards.

Roy Wickrama

Roy, you can open included worksheets the same way as you open any other worksheet: using open file dialog, by double click in windows explorer, or using drag and drop.

There is no shortcut to open it from the include region, for example - from context menu. This is on the ToDo list. Hopefully it will be added in one of the future versions of Mathcad Prime.

RWickrama
6-Contributor
(To:MSheykman)

I keep doing so currently, and it is good that this functionality is on the ToDo list.

I want using Mathcad Prime for my calculations. I am rather new for Mathcad and Mathcad Prime Versions as well, but I need to use it for full functionality in my apparently lengthy calculations. In the process I will have more questions and will post for discussion.

Best Regards.

Roy Wickrama

RWickrama
6-Contributor
(To:MSheykman)

Hi Maksim;

I am back to you. I also need to have some functionality similar to Go Sub or Subroutine. I tried to do this using WRITEEXCEL, but WRITEEXCEL doesn't take variable: it works for values only.

The aim is to do repeated calculations over a math region located within the current worksheet and outside the current worksheet as well. This math region is different from a user defined function but composed of general equations, solve block(s) and programs made using If.....Then so on.

Is there a way to achieve this functionality?

Pl. comment.

Thanks.

Roy Wickrama

Roy,

I am, actually, the wrong guy to ask about it and I am not sure I understand well what you are trying to do.

If you are already trying to use WRITEEXCEL and it does not fit your needs - try the Excel Component. It has input and output expressions that allow you to get values from excel cells to mathcad variables and set values of Excel cells to Mathcad variables.

Regards,

Maksim

Top Tags