cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to plot a 3D wireframe from line elements

tslewis
11-Garnet

How to plot a 3D wireframe from line elements

Hi

I have seen a few conversations about plotting 3D meshes in Prime using plot 3D. There is a very good discussion  where a ply file was used to generate a dolphin mesh. I cannot comvert this to a Prime format and the ply file format is missing.

What I want to do seems simple but for whatever reason, Mathcad cannot simply plot a 3D wireframe based on the start coordinates of a line and the end coordinates of a line.

It seems that it is only possible to draw a continuous 3D line from a plot.

I understand for instance CreateMesh function creates a mesh for format in the 3Dplot but it looks like the mesh edges have to be continuous.

This seems crazy. I have tried collapsing or using the same node coordinates of node 2 for matrix entries for third and 4th nodes but that does not seem to work.

I understand Mathcad uses quad faces/facettes. So, I had thought if I collapse three edges to form a single line and feed the format of the quad face into 3d plot that would work but it doesn't.

How can I form a 3D plot of a wireframe simply form the start and end coordinates of a series of lines. I a trying to cerate a representation of a 3D FEA model in Mathcad.

IS there a particular format for the matrix facet's used by Mathcad prime to draw a mesh?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tslewis
11-Garnet
(To:tslewis)

‌no worries. I found a way to plot lines, tri mesh and quad mesh  form an FEA data set for discontinuous edges,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tslewis
11-Garnet
(To:tslewis)

‌no worries. I found a way to plot lines, tri mesh and quad mesh  form an FEA data set for discontinuous edges,

Top Tags