cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to print a very long equation

ptc-5008741
1-Newbie

How to print a very long equation

I get a very long equation in my mathcad document, and I'd like to print a pdf document of it to be shared.

Unfortunatly the equation will be cut .. and it's not nice. How can I do?

I think it should be better to print something like a+b+c ...+z if the space is not enoght, and at least if anyone is very interested to see the equation he can use the mathcad to see a complete version.

Thankyou for any suggestion

7 REPLIES 7

It is possible to wrap an equation that you're inputting; a keystroke combination (cntrl-enter) will fold to the next line with a plus sign.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5008741)

Which Mathcad are you using?

Mike

I create from very long equation a picture, correct it, insert it back in the document and print it.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5008741)

the (ctrl-enter) works in mathcad v15. it needs to be added to prime!!!!

The ctrl-enter in MC 15 is very limited. We would need a more powerful way of dealing with long expressions in both versions and for for calculated expressions as well as for typed-in terms. Prime offers the scaleable windows for long expressions - I would like to have them scrollable and the option of an automatic intelligent line break. As it is now I have to widen the region to the max if I would like to see the end of a long result - not very comfortable.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

I agree. We also need to be able to equation break with a - sign not just a +.

Mike

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:tietjee)

David,

one plus in M' 3 is that you can manually reduce the size of the math equation. Not great but is a slight improvement.

Mike

Top Tags