cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to put the mathcad worksheet name into a variable of the worksheet?

pklemm-2
6-Contributor

How to put the mathcad worksheet name into a variable of the worksheet?

To organize my Mathcad prime 3.1 solutions, I need to get the filename as a string inside the worksheet itself. How can I get this?

5 REPLIES 5

There is a built-in variable CWD which contains the current working directory as a string, but unfortunately there is no variable containing the filename,

As we don't have scripted components in Prime like we are used from Mathcad (15 and below), I guess you are out of luck.

I have searched this function in help. But Werner is the best help

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:pklemm-2)

Peter Klemm wrote:

To organize my Mathcad prime 3.1 solutions, I need to get the filename as a string inside the worksheet itself. How can I get this?

I'm not sure there's a direct way in Prime 3.1 (there is in M15 using components).  It may be that you have write a function using the Mathcad Prime API (or get someone to do it for you ... I don't know anything about external comms with Mathcad Prime, but I suspect you'll need C or C++ to make a standalone function that you can then call from within Mathcad)..

Stuart

pklemm-2
6-Contributor
(To:StuartBruff)

Interesting. I have written some external C# Applications to communicate with prime3.1. That works well but I have no idea how to extend prime with functions.

Anyone there who can give me a hint?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:pklemm-2)

Look in the help: there is a chapter "Custom Functions" that describes how to create your own function using C.

Top Tags