cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to resize long string varibles

RWickrama
6-Contributor

How to resize long string varibles

I am on the proces of formattting my bulk material handling system calculations using Mathcad Prime 2.0. I have a couple of long string varibles which are the descriptions of the material characteristics (in my belt conveyor design calculations). As they are too long, they spread more than the width of the paper (Letter size). I can't define a variable in a textbox because Mathcad Prime versions don't support variables in text boxes yet.

I appreciate if anyone has ideas to resize the display of long string variables.

5 REPLIES 5

You can put Material characteristics not in one Excel cell but in two, three one.

Or you can with a program help share your long string variable on several short:

a:="one, two, three..."

a1="one"

a2="two"

a3="three"

Thank you very much. I did it as you suggested.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RWickrama)

I haven't got Prime so can't look at your worksheet, but, out of curiosity, do you mind your strings breaking at any point (trivial - see attached M11 worksheet), or would you prefer them broken at some standard boundary (such as a space or comma)?

Stuart

RWickrama
6-Contributor
(To:StuartBruff)

Thank you very much. I like it.

Stuart_Bruff wrote:

I haven't got Prime so can't look at your worksheet...

PDF copy of this worksheet in the attachment.

Top Tags