cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to run a worksheet inside while loop

MAN1
3-Visitor

How to run a worksheet inside while loop

Hello everyone, I am new in programming with Mathcad Prime 4.0 and I am trying to found a solution to this problem.

I would like to make a while loop, in which a Mathcad worksheet is re-launched at each iteration.

To explain better: I have a worksheet (called ConvWorksheet) that compute a lot of stuff and in the end compute a convergence flag (1 if convergence is reached, 0 otherwise). I need to write an other worksheet that controls when ConvWorksheet has finally computed flag = 1. I tried with the "Include Worksheet" command inside the while loop, but I cannot insert it. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MAN1)

Neither Mathcad nor Prime supports this kind of functionality, although the question has popped up several times over the past 20 years.

The best you can do is to assemble your calculations into a function (or more functions) so that you can call the function(s) in a while loop.

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MAN1)

Neither Mathcad nor Prime supports this kind of functionality, although the question has popped up several times over the past 20 years.

The best you can do is to assemble your calculations into a function (or more functions) so that you can call the function(s) in a while loop.

Success!

Luc

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:LucMeekes)

It's true that it was never supported, but it was possible to do it in MC11 using a scripted component. They broke that in MC12, but even then you could loop a worksheet using a second worksheet, also via a scripted component. Prime of course does not have scripted components, so such trickery is not possible.

Top Tags