cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to save string variables to text or CSV files without quotation marks in Mathcad Prime

ColinArbuthnot
1-Newbie

How to save string variables to text or CSV files without quotation marks in Mathcad Prime

Does anyone know how to export string variables to text or CSV files withour quoation marks "" in MathCad Prime?

This used to be easy in MathCad 15 using the Insert\Data\File Ouput.

Thanks, colin

6 REPLIES 6

Colin Arbuthnot wrote:

Does anyone know how to export string variables to text or CSV files withour quoation marks "" in MathCad Prime?

As far as I know thats not possible in Prime. We have no components other than the Excel one and all the WRITExxx comands would write the strings inside quotation marks and I must confess that that makes sense to me.

In MC15 using the DataFileOutput you could separete the unquoted strings either by space, semicolon or tabs, but whenever the string itself contained the separating character a subsequent read in would give incorrect results.

You could convert the text to binary, and use WRITEBIN. A painful solution that should not be necessary, but I think it would work.

Richard Jackson wrote:

You could convert the text to binary, and use WRITEBIN. A painful solution that should not be necessary, but I think it would work.

Yes it does - see attached 😉

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

Nice

Thanks, your solution works very well.

Any idea when MathCad Prime will inlcude READ/WRITE functions for fixed format text? Maybe its time to move to Python or VisualBasic instead.....

JohnTrantham
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks greatly for sharing this!

Top Tags