cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to solve an equation and get a numerical solution that can be used?

pnilsen
1-Newbie

How to solve an equation and get a numerical solution that can be used?

Hello!

I have a problem in Mathcad Prime 3.1.

When I solve an equation and want to use the solution, I can't manage to get the answer to be numerical.

This prevents me to define a variable that can be used in further expressions.

How can I solve the equation V ( x ) = 0 and get the answer to a variable I can use further to put into an another function? Like I try to do in the attached image!

Best RegardsMathcad problem.jpg

Pål Arild

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:pnilsen)

It's hard to debug an image, but it looks like it might just be a label problem. Note that kg and s are a different color to kN. Select them where they are first used and change the label ti "units".

Do not use the float keyword to control the precision of the displayed results, because that's not what it's for. It changes the precision of the calculations, not just the displayed result.

Thanks for the reply

Now I understand the problem, but I'm not capable to get the units to be right (blue). It is "blue" until the calculations then i changes. I have tried to define it as "units" as you said but I don't seem to be doing it right. I can send you the file for debugging if you have time, but I'm only allowed to attach photos on this forum, not mathcad files. I will then need an emailaddress.

Again, thank you very much

Hi

You may want to try this,

Go to the calculation tab and choose the option to set Unit/Constants in Symbolics to active

units-constants in symbolics.jpg

Regards,

Thomas

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:pnilsen)

In the edit dialog click on "Use Advanced Editor" at the top right. Then you will be able to attach files. Since you are using Prime 3.1 I won't be able to open the worksheet though, because I have Prime 3.0, and you can't save the worksheet back to Prime 3.0 format (amazing, but true!). Someone with Prime 3.1 may be able to help though.

Top Tags