cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to split a long equation into to lines?

myrhil
1-Newbie

How to split a long equation into to lines?

How can I split a long equation into to lines to get the equation on one page (I can't minimize the margins any more)?
4 REPLIES 4
ELSID
4-Participant
(To:myrhil)

I only know of one way. It's called "addition with line break operator". The Keystroke is [Ctrl][Enter]. Essentially it breaks the equation at an "addition area". If you are subtracting, just add and make scalar value negative. In Version 14 help, look up "Addition Operators"

No knowledge can be certain if it is not based upon mathematics or upon some other
knowledge which is itself based upon the mathematical sciences. -- Leonardo da Vinci
myrhil
1-Newbie
(To:ELSID)

Thanks, but I'm trying to find the maximum value using the max(..) operation. I won't be able to use your suggestion since I'm only using commas and not +/- signs.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:myrhil)

Put all the values into a vector, which can be vertical (or even two or more vectors if necessary) and pass max() vector arguments rather than scalar arguments.

Richard

Or, in your case, you could calculate intermediate answers before a final, such as:

max1:=max(one,two,three,...)
max2:=max(eleven,twelve,thirteen,...)
largest:=max(max1,max2)

Success!
Luc
Top Tags